KTMRider4Life

Carmichael to Triumph

10 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Didn’t see this one coming. 

FC217D8C-8188-41B4-B067-E85509C696A2.jpeg

Yea, strange partnership there. They better hurry up and make a dirt bike or ricky is going to have to do his lap around daytona on the bike motorboatin posted up.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

What color are these new KTM’s gonna be? I’d guess yellow. 

Hopefully Triumph adds some of their own electronics so it feels like a real triumph when your electronics shit out at 12hours.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Zinergy said:

Hopefully Triumph adds some of their own electronics so it feels like a real triumph when your wiring falls apart at 12hours.

Triumphs don't leak, they mark their spot.  Lucas, Prince of Darkness.  Lucas electronics switches all have 3 positions, dim flicker and off.  Euro beer is warm because they have Lucas refrigerators.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

4 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Triumphs don't leak, they mark their spot.  Lucas, Prince of Darkness.  Lucas electronics switches all have 3 positions, dim flicker and off.  Euro beer is warm because they have Lucas refrigerators.

Why didn't the Germans bomb the Lucas plants during WWII? The Germans considered Lucas an ally.

• Haha 17

On 7/19/2021 at 3:05 PM, MotorBoatin said:

I hope they build them better than the 800XC I had. The shifter dog broke in the tranny after a couple of thousand miles, locking me in 3rd gear. At the dealer, I was told it was because of "abuse". Service Mgr. asked me how I rode the bike and I pointed at the marketing poster of their big, bad ADV bike doing legit off-road. He didn't think that was funny, but I thought it was hilarious! Fun bike at times, but that soured me on their bikes as being fit for off-road duty. For street bikes, I think they build nice stuff and pretty sexy to boot. To be fair, they did have an updated part and fixed it outside of warranty b/c the bike had very, very low miles for the year. I bought it used with like 800 miles from a dude that bought it new and let it set in his basement.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think it was a Mathis interview on YouTube.  RC had a Triumph for a street riding event. He made it sound like a casual thing and not a new sponsor.

Either it turned into more or someone is turning a rumor into click bait.

Edit:  RC talks about adventure riding.

8min

Edited by Kev_XR

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mxaniac said:

The only thing Lucas ever made that didn't suck was a vacuum cleaner.  They survived WWII because the Germans considered them an ally and didn't bomb the factory. (Sorry, didn't notice someone else covered the ally part).

Edited by screaminsquirrels@comcast.
duplicated it.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, screaminsquirrels@comcast. said:

The only thing Lucas ever made that didn't suck was a vacuum cleaner.  They survived WWII because the Germans considered them an ally and didn't bomb the factory. 

Positively grounded observations.

• Haha 4

I’m thinking it started when a friend or someone challenged him about things he could get for free instead of buying. So Ricky probably said, “I bet I can get a Triumph motorcycle for free!”  The next thing you know he’s got a contract with triumph 

2 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

Throw a Triumph logo on the ktm/gg/husky chassis, black plastics, new crankcase triumph logo. Harley Davidson should have done this years ago to capture the US market. 

• Haha 5