image.thumb.png.726129bdd398ec52482eac761ec93c54.png

Some good news for the California desert! New legislation co-sponsored by MDLT (AB 1183), which would create a California Desert Conservation Program, passed out of the State Assembly on Wednesday and is now headed to the State Senate. The Program, which would create a mechanism for directing millions of dollars in conservation funding to our California deserts, would be managed by the state Wildlife Conservation Board. The California desert region makes up 28% of the state’s land area, yet most of it has never had a dedicated source of State conservation funding. The Program would enable tribal organizations, nonprofits, and local governments to obtain grants to preserve and protect natural and cultural resources and to provide for public access. It would help address threats to desert species and communities from climate change, wildfire, and the spread of non-native invasive plants. We thank Assemblymember James C. Ramos for his leadership. Local support will help ensure passage of the bill. We encourage Supervisor Dawn Rowe, Supervisor Paul Cook, Thurston "Smitty" Smith for Assembly and Assemblyman Chad Mayes to support this effort to protect the California desert. Read more: bit.ly/3ymnapK 

june 3rd

Mojave Desert Land Trust

@mojavedesertlandtrust  · Environmental Conservation Organization

2 minutes ago, HeavyWaffles said:

Sooooo, this is how they ban all offroading in SoCal?

No.

This how we preserve our ever shrinking natural land while also putting money (in)directly into the corresponding pockets.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Slippy McSavage said:

No.

This how we preserve our ever shrinking natural land while also putting money (in)directly into the corresponding pockets.

Definitely sounds too good to be true. I’m saying this is the beginning of the end for off roading in our deserts. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

But OK to build roads and cut huge pads for wind turbines and fence off and erect solar farms in hundreds of acres at a time. Conserving desert land and protecting wildlife at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T.T. Rider said:

But OK to build roads and cut huge pads for wind turbines and fence off and erect solar farms in hundreds of acres at a time. Conserving desert land and protecting wildlife at the same time. 

Yes.

Its called

Con

👏

Ser

👏

Va

👏

Tion

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, T.T. Rider said:

The government's bought up about a thousand acres just across the highway to put in a solar farm.  The only upside is that they're dropping it in the same Valley where all the pot farms are so no new areas are getting ruined. 

And I know you personally will be extremely happy to hear........

Screenshot_20210721-093501.thumb.png.c8f5177d4f845d70e0c40392968036d6.png

• Helpful 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Gimmickless said:

The government's bought up about a thousand acres just across the highway to put in a solar farm.  The only upside is that they're dropping it in the same Valley where all the pot farms are so no new areas are getting ruined. 

I won the day too

• Haha 2

The social construct of winners and losers promotes inequality and is outdated.

You’re all RASSIS!!

*reported

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, HeavyWaffles said:

I won the day too

You always do... And you travel the entire site... I have to earn my points right here in the California regional forum among people that don't even like me. 

Now that's an accomplishment! 1826807673_rotflol.gif.ef78b98f5ae791f35c51beb363191aea.gif

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Gimmickless said:

You always do... And you travel the entire site... I have to earn my points right here in the California regional forum among people that don't even like me. 

Now that's an accomplishment! 1826807673_rotflol.gif.ef78b98f5ae791f35c51beb363191aea.gif

Screenshot_20210721-101435_Google.jpg

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

My uncle has a country place
That no one knows about
He says it used to be a farm
Before the Motor Law...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gimmickless said:

Waffles got the OA though 

F7F5B472-311F-4CAB-82F7-B9FA09B87C17.png

• Haha 1