Club race

So I’ve been doing some thinking, and that’s never good. There’s a lot of shit talking going around this group and not a lot of backing it up. I think we should set up a “club race” and let em find out. If a certain someone wants to put up a track to do so on, feel free to chime in. Or we can meet a general location like brushy so no one has any excuses not to attend. Let’s get it 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Brown said:

Devils Ridge in Sanford, it has a motocross track and woods trails

I’m good with that. I won’t mess on the track. I have a buddy that would go with me. Maybe some of the shit talkers will chime in 

The problem is going to be finding a spot.  You cant just go to brushy and race.  Tyler may not like folks knocking others out of the way and then you'll have the distance thing. Not many are going to drive 4 plus hours to race a 1 1/2 to 2 hour race that means nothing. If you ride with people and cant tell what skill level they are, then seems you dont know much about it. I'm gonna shit talk anyways weather your faster than me or not. ?? But if it were to happen, I'd be down.  But then again, I'm retired. ?

Just now, Edgecombe said:

The problem is going to be finding a spot.  You cant just go to brushy and race.  Tyler may not like folks knocking others out of the way and then you'll have the distance thing. Not many are going to drive 4 plus hours to race a 1 1/2 to 2 hour race that means nothing. If you ride with people and cant tell what skill level they are, then seems you dont know much about it. I'm gonna shit talk anyways weather your faster than me or not. ?? But if it were to happen, I'd be down.  But then again, I'm retired. ?

And yes,I'm a shit talker, I just rather do it face to face so I hold back on the internet. ??

3 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

Yeah I see what you’re saying about brushy. I’m not worried about the other stuff. I’ll be in the back lol

28 minutes ago, WhiteRice said:

Yeah I see what you’re saying about brushy. I’m not worried about the other stuff. I’ll be in the back lol

Riding my house Sunday. So bring it.?

Edited by Edgecombe

I'm not much of a shit talker- but I'll be happy to bring up the rear! 

We could probably ask the guy at Lost Valley to let us all in for an off day or meet up. That's an awesome scramble style loop that's pretty fun with a pretty decent MX track (when its groomed up). 

Racing at brushy would work if we can get enough members for a thursday or something, but they're setting up for goat enduro so they're not gonna have much free time in the next month.

Edited by rob_grip

3 minutes ago, WhiteRice said:

There are good races coming up soon with property laid out courses, well marked with trail marshals, true timing and scoring results.

VCHSS, NCHSA, SETRA Enduros

Lets pick one. We could all sandbag in the back in trail riders class.

I heard a rumor that Edgecombe may come out of retirement for Pipsico to race 50+B with Swole, I may race with them just for fun.

For the record, I am a 50+C and will not race over my head.

The SETRA enduros are great. We plan to hit the Little Brown Jug Sept 5 in Union SC. Plenty of breaks between tests and we could determine a lot at the end of the day.

28 minutes ago, PDiddy66 said:

There are good races coming up soon with property laid out courses, well marked with trail marshals, true timing and scoring results.

I heard a rumor that Edgecombe may come out of retirement for Pipsico to race 50+B with Swole, I may race with them just for fun.

The SETRA enduros are great. We plan to hit the Little Brown Jug Sept 5 in Union SC. Plenty of breaks between tests and we could determine a lot at the end of the day.

I would be down to go to one if I had a heads up. I would have to register and I would be 250+C. I can’t ride a vet class

29 minutes ago, PDiddy66 said:

Some members won’t do VCHSS. They say nchsa are better with more competition and tighter trail

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteRice said:

I would be down to go to one if I had a heads up. I would have to register and I would be 250+C. I can’t ride a vet class

Some members won’t do VCHSS. They say nchsa are better with more competition and tighter trail

This will be a good one

bunch of us on rows 55-60

Little Brown Jug Sept 5

https://www.moto-tally.com/SETRA/Enduro/PreEntry.aspx

If your trying to be serious and legit, then line up in an actual race like mentioned above.  If your just looking to add fuel to the poo talking then a place like Cape Fear would be a decent spot IMO.  Not much traffic, sandy conditions, remotely tight trails and big enough to have a decent size lap.   

24 minutes ago, Dbnicely said:

If your trying to be serious and legit, then line up in an actual race like mentioned above.  If your just looking to add fuel to the poo talking then a place like Cape Fear would be a decent spot IMO.  Not much traffic, sandy conditions, remotely tight trails and big enough to have a decent size lap.   

Little fire never hurt 

1 hour ago, WhiteRice said:

Bullshit.??

48 minutes ago, WhiteRice said:

I was curious on comparison of those two series as we have only ridden VCHSS this year, so I just asked the current NCHSA points leader and former VCHSS Grand Champion who just responded with:

“Yeah, the nc courses are not as tight and usually 6 to 7 miles but still are fun”

Upon researching the race results between the two, The overall average speeds of the leaders are roughly 2+ mph faster in the NCHSA which leads me to believe they are more open.

Regarding competition, that’s hard to say, Judging on the first race of season for both series, the number of racers on the line for both AA/Pro thru C classes the number of riders edges slightly more to the Virginia series. I guess someone could spend more time on pulling all the numbers together and get different results. Maybe also looking at how some of the series leaders fared in some of the enduros and cross series results.

The NC series does pay out purse $ to the top 5 in the higher classes which is nice whereas the Virginia series does not.

I do know that some of the Virginia races have included some of the harder hills at Karios and Rivers Edge and some of the racers have complained that there should not be harder enduro style features in harescramble type races, but this may also occur in the NC races.

Tyler from Brushy did say that the NC races held there were mostly easier double track stuff, (not that all of the double track stuff at Brushy is easy)

We look forward to trying some of the NC races if we can squeeze them in before the end of year and definitely next year!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PDiddy66 said:

I was curious on comparison of those two series as we have only ridden VCHSS this year, so I just asked the current NCHSA points leader and former VCHSS Grand Champion who just responded with:

“Yeah, the nc courses are not as tight and usually 6 to 7 miles but still are fun”

Upon researching the race results between the two, The overall average speeds of the leaders are roughly 2+ mph faster in the NCHSA which leads me to believe they are more open.

Regarding competition, that’s hard to say, Judging on the first race of season for both series, the number of racers on the line for both AA/Pro thru C classes the number of riders edges slightly more to the Virginia series. I guess someone could spend more time on pulling all the numbers together and get different results. Maybe also looking at how some of the series leaders fared in some of the enduros and cross series results.

The NC series does pay out purse $ to the top 5 in the higher classes which is nice whereas the Virginia series does not.

I do know that some of the Virginia races have included some of the harder hills at Karios and Rivers Edge and some of the racers have complained that there should not be harder enduro style features in harescramble type races, but this may also occur in the NC races.

Tyler from Brushy did say that the NC races held there were mostly easier double track stuff, (not that all of the double track stuff at Brushy is easy)

We look forward to trying some of the NC races if we can squeeze them in before the end of year and definitely next year!

That’s some serious research right there.