96 Cr 250 stuck throttle WOT

I dont believe I was at WOT (99.9% sure i was NOT AT WOT) but i was riding woods and maybe went over some roots or something and bike sticks at WOT. I have everything I can do to shut it down which means finding a high gear as fast as possible get it to lug down for a split second so the kill switch will work. When Its all said and done the throttle is fine (dont think the throttle stuck in the first place) so I am looking at the slide from the airbox side and it looks ok. We are getting rain tomorrow so i will tear into it then. What the hell is going on 

ps throttle is fine i cleaned the assembly and lubed the cable maybe 8 to 10 hours ago 

Could it be carb related ? I am tapped out for the day. 

slide is a little rough see pics 

cable looks good 

again, this is not Whiskey throttle, i didnt even have it WOT. It happened twice that day. Had all i could do to shut it down. Kill switch was ineffective and it was definitely WFO 

183B2672-6143-4806-98DA-452AE44AD918.jpeg

E5421911-EC75-442A-BC09-8E83C3EB92B0.jpeg

4FB1507F-8097-49C7-AC3A-8ACC88842303.jpeg

E3D32D9D-4A63-4B5A-8E82-DD9029C910C1.jpeg

652E7865-30A0-45E1-89D3-DC861918D59E.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone ?? Does the slide/needle look OK? Is it starving for gas somehow even with a full tank?

Are my Leakdown results acceptable? 

Was gonna clean the carb tomorrow after work, unless i find something obvious (doubt it) short of throwing parts at it i am not sure why its doing this. 

Three times this has happened in total. Need to figure out for obvious reasons. I *think* ive covered all the basics ... ??? Not sure 

5 minutes ago, CR250-2007 said:

I'd replace the throttle cable, they are straight when new...

image.png.955f25b2fdc3ad3fd0e8c990f68301da.png

I will do this because i know its not supposed fo look like that, but it looks like that cause of the location of the carb and has always looked like that. The new one will look like that in 2 minutes so i know that is not the reason.

i can post a pic of the plug tomorrow. It is a perfect brown all the way around. The gap did look small for some Reason but that could be just me, i had it out when i did the compression test, right before the leakdown test 

Edited by Rob406

Got cable on its way. Would pics of carb Slide cause runaway situation ????  Not sure if i can get a replacement in time 

Also,  not sure if i asked this. But are my leakdown results passable enough to rule out gasket/seal leakage? Having a hard time believing this is carb related 

Edited by Rob406

14 minutes ago, SlowDinoDog said:

you could also try cleaning up the throttle tube on the handlebars.

everythong should snap back quickly and freely when you reassemble it.

I will. Thing is i had just cleaned it. It does snap back easily. 8-10 hours ago i cleaned the entire assembly and lubed the cable. There was and is no hangup in the throttle. I am not convinced this would cause the motor to run away even if the throttle had been sticky 

1 hour ago, Rob406 said:

Could this cause it? 

4B06A5A7-E61B-4664-8B01-E5D48ADB7DD9.jpeg

Yes, cause the throttle slide to stick, or block jets so it runs lean.

Find the source, fuel filter, air filter, air boot...