2022 FX 350 First Impressions Ride & Steep Hill Climbs

Hey guys, it's been forever since I've posted anything but I just picked up the 2022 FX 350 and its the 1st one to land in BC so I thought you guys might find some of my early impressions useful if your thinking of the FX 350. I hope you guys enjoy. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, Wadzy said:

I’ve ridden this area on my 2017 FE501 the 2022 FX350 was a definite improvement in all categories.  Next up is researching the correct best digital cooling fan.

I live in the S2S region of BC as well.

Curious as to the reasons the 2022 FX350 is such a big improvement over the 2017?  I'm currently looking at a used 2017 FE350.  Will be upgrading from a 2007 KTM XC 200. 

Edited by cmrocks
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, Wadzy said:

I’ve ridden this area on my 2017 FE501 the 2022 FX350 was a definite improvement in all categories.  Next up is researching the correct best digital cooling fan. 

So the '22 350 has adequate low end power and grunt compared to the FE501? Was the 501 uncorked?

The trail tech or Tusk fans should both work good to cool down your 350. I have a KTM factory one (spal) on my antique 525MXC - works great!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gay-Bear-OZ said:

So the '22 350 has adequate low end power and grunt compared to the FE501? Was the 501 uncorked?

The trail tech or Tusk fans should both work good to cool down your 350. I have a KTM factory one (spal) on my antique 525MXC - works great!

Absolutely, the nickname for my FE501 was barky and that was because it was 100% deleted, uncorked and an absurd amount of mods. Fast forward to the FX350, I call her Barky Jr because the FX350 barks with power just like the FE501, sounds and is incredible lively so much that I was actually very surprised. I did not expect it to have nearly as much torque as it does and or low end power. Albeit I wasn't 1st or 2nd but the 3rd gear hill climb in the video where I just feed more throttle as I ascended higher and higher on the hill climb really demonstrated to me how strong that engine is. Aside from the power I would say the biggest surprise is how much more planted the FX350 feels and behaves. The FE501 is a bit of a beast or bull in a china shop and she gets the job done but does so at the cost of expending a lot of energy but is 100% intoxicating. Like dating a hot Latin, a lot of work but so much fun and you better stay in shape or she'll get away on you!

Edited by Wadzy
  • Helpful 1