2020 YZ250fx suspension problems

Plain and simple I have a 2020 YZ250FX with 18 hours. I feel like Ives tried everything and can’t get the suspension to act right! I want it to feel bolted to the ground. I also have a 2017 YZ250fx and it’s bolted to the ground and handles great wtf. Why is it so much different. Help please‘nnnn thanks guy’s 

Would you say that it's more the front end than the rear? 

The 17 model has a softer fork spring at 0.45 vs the 20 is 0.47. So I would start there. IIRC the 20 model cartridge is the 25mm vs the 24mm in the 17, this fork cartridge is a bit on the harsher side than the older version. Mid-valve configuration is spring and float in the 17 and the 20 is leaf spring.

Hope this helps. 

• Helpful 1

5 hours ago, TheDoctor469 said:

Will the 2017 rear shock bolt up to the 2020?

I want to say it won't. I believe that the 2020 model has an update linkage and a different shock but I can't absolutely confirm.

I’ve been trying to figure it out without taking the bikes apart being as I work so much somebody out there is Got Have tried something.  I’ve looked up some stuff on the Internet I think the length is the same spring rate and valve is different.  I wonder if the mounting bolts/brackets are the same if they are it will work even though they’re different you know what I mean 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had a 15 and I have a 20 now.  The older bike was a better all around suspension setting. The new fx is much stiffer and doesn’t absorb the small stuff at lower speeds very well.  I had mine revalved.  I’m not sure if that’s what you are feeling. I think Yamaha really missed the settings for the trail riders and the woods guys. 

• Like 1

I totally agree my 2017 is amazing I can rail and rip that thing. I race the LACC Enduro woods racing. I love the 17 so much i bought the 2020 because it only had 16 hours on it I can’t even ride it beat me to death I’ll fight it the whole time drives me nuts because I love to 17 so much defeats the purpose you know what I mean. But I sent the suspension off to factory connection actually today and I’m gonna ride to 17 until then but I would like to take the suspension off of the 17 and put on the 2020 if it’s possible just to try it kind of peace of mind thing and I’m riding new bike. But I hate to take the other one apart just to see you know what I mean save me a lot of trouble somebody I’ve done it before.  I’ll say a lot lol At least some the force I know will fit rear shock not so sure yet this weekend if I get a wild hair I’ll probably try. The suspension will probably take a few weeks for I had to guess. I’ve used them before One by two strokes which I still have but the four stroke so so much easier to ride In my opinion