LOMMEL GETTING SHUT DOWN

18 hours ago, Ud-Loos said:

I wasn't critiquing AU efforts in ww2, but their absolute complacency since. Certainly in modern times their defense spending has been almost entirely shouldered by American tax payers. It's too bad NATO countries and our global allies have been content to allow that, because decisive Chinese military action is only a weak Potus away. 

Well, most military actions in the past were in the US interests. So it's logic that other NATO allies would spend a lot less. But there is fresh wind blowing with much more spending now. Nevertheless, those NATO allies can assemble quite a formidable force. 

9 hours ago, Ud-Loos said:

Easy buddy, I haven't seen anyone kill anything with a lazer yet. They are making some pretty hawt robot Pawgs though. 

40 kW laser will destroy an engine block almost instantly.  Laser weapons do exist, as do microwave weapons.  I'm more concerned when the sexbots get them, then we'll have real trouble.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Momus said:

Problem with that argument is that electric storage density has only been increasing efficiency at about 1% a year average.

Four stroke IC development can easily improve on that.

5 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

If we could harness & use all of the latent energy available from fossil fuel, an 800hp Nascar engine would produce 2800hp. So I would say the Internal Combustion Engine isn't dead yet, or at least shouldn't be!! (Government:foul:)

I don't think we're too far away from being able to run a 30 minute moto.  Alta felt very heavy but in the big picture it was a lot closer than I would have ever guessed.  Long haul trucking with electric vehicles, no bueno.  Outlasting my fat ass endurance level, not so far fetched.  IC may have advantages for quite some time but I suspect an ignorant public will carry more weight than facts.  

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 4:18 PM, Zinergy said:

Electric is not slow, acceleration wise anyway. Anyone saying that isn't paying attention. The cons for electric haven't included slow in over a decade. The biggest con is range but for mx riders range isn't an issue. Just go back to the truck every 20-30 minutes or so... like they do anyway and swap batteries. 

The new tesla s numbers dropped the other day. 0-60mph 2 seconds flat. ?

I like the sound and smell of ICEs but here's a hypothetical. Let's say honda etc put forth a real electric effort and the bikes are clearly faster. Would we still demand racing on ICE bikes? Would we really demand pros ride slower bikes just because they burn gas?

Swap battery…. You mean the 2000+ dollar batteries?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:53 PM, rmxtgh said:

Yah why not....???  

When you're a baller building mansions 2g's is a pittance.....:prof:

Unlike you, I ride and race. At 42 I can buy whatever toy my heart desires. I’ve been riding and racing for 34 years now, I’ve seen the costs raise just with inflation and what it does to local tracks and riding areas. They become desolate. The mini bike classes are the biggest portion of any races held, next is c class. Mini classes are dominated by 2 strokes, the 4 stroke frenzy didn’t work when juniors dad tried to keep the crf150r going. You’re lucky to see 3 at a track and they usually have full grown women on them. They are hands down faster and easier to ride, Carson Mumford decimated everyone on one for a few years and the model wasn’t even updated. Some really well off dads have electric 50s for junior, generators to charge and the occasional spare battery dad. Point is, it’s not any better for the environment, the electric bikes have just as much if not more rubber and plastic on them, they cost a lot more, and if electric bikes happen the cost will destroy the moto economy. They have signed on for a battery standard but ktm claims they aren’t really looking to extend the battery operated bikes anytime soon. Honda was there but popular science has already shown Honda isn’t really chasing electric either, they are veering towards hydrogen again. So yeah, I would have a spare battery, just like I keep spare wheels and parts, but I also know I’m one of the few who are stupid enough to waste good money prioritizing stupid behavior. You’re just stupid…. And ghey…. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 10:24 AM, mxaniac said:

I don't think we're too far away from being able to run a 30 minute moto.  Alta felt very heavy but in the big picture it was a lot closer than I would have ever guessed.  Long haul trucking with electric vehicles, no bueno.  Outlasting my fat ass endurance level, not so far fetched.  IC may have advantages for quite some time but I suspect an ignorant public will carry more weight than facts.  

Alta went under. The bikes cost more then any internal combustion bike ever made including but not limited to “works editions”.  Alta still couldn’t survive. My buddy bought 2. He still loves them. Some people bought canondales also. Some still ride them and claim they are the best. Alta made as close as it gets and the public gave it a ??. If it’s the only thing available some will buy to keep riding, most will move on to other things. Pro circuit will be a suspension shop, fmf will be gone as well as hundreds of other engine shops. The moto economy will fail miserably. But…tyco may be a sponsor???‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hondaman331 said:

Unlike you, I ride and race. At 42 I can buy whatever toy my heart desires. I’ve been riding and racing for 34 years now, I’ve seen the costs raise just with inflation and what it does to local tracks and riding areas. They become desolate. The mini bike classes are the biggest portion of any races held, next is c class. Mini classes are dominated by 2 strokes, the 4 stroke frenzy didn’t work when juniors dad tried to keep the crf150r going. You’re lucky to see 3 at a track and they usually have full grown women on them. They are hands down faster and easier to ride, Carson Mumford decimated everyone on one for a few years and the model wasn’t even updated. Some really well off dads have electric 50s for junior, generators to charge and the occasional spare battery dad. Point is, it’s not any better for the environment, the electric bikes have just as much if not more rubber and plastic on them, they cost a lot more, and if electric bikes happen the cost will destroy the moto economy. They have signed on for a battery standard but ktm claims they aren’t really looking to extend the battery operated bikes anytime soon. Honda was there but popular science has already shown Honda isn’t really chasing electric either, they are veering towards hydrogen again. So yeah, I would have a spare battery, just like I keep spare wheels and parts, but I also know I’m one of the few who are stupid enough to waste good money prioritizing stupid behavior. You’re just stupid…. And ghey…. 

Oh man.....you just hurt my feelings.....not nice at all.....:naughty:

7 minutes ago, rmxtgh said:

Well im certainly not a legend in my own mind.....?

Because a dude is a carpenter and builds big ass houses they are a legend in their own mind??? Carpenters aren’t mystical creatures or even super heroes buddy, you need to get out more, your bubble is way too small and you obsess on people.

38 minutes ago, hondaman331 said:

Because a dude is a carpenter and builds big ass houses they are a legend in their own mind??? Carpenters aren’t mystical creatures or even super heroes buddy, you need to get out more, your bubble is way too small and you obsess on people.

No..just not one to flap my gums about what i do.....where i go on vacation....how i can buy any toy i want blah blah blah.....keep patting yourself on the back.....maybe one day someone will give you a book deal....:excuseme:  maybe even make a movie about how cool you are...:prof:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rmxtgh said:

No..just not one to flap my gums about what i do.....where i go on vacation....how i can buy any toy i want blah blah blah.....keep patting yourself on the back.....maybe one day someone will give you a book deal....:excuseme:  maybe even make a movie about how cool you are...:prof:

I’m looking back through the post, I’m not seeing what triggered you. Are you bringing in other posts to this post because you can’t let go, or what is it? Seems I trigger you pretty good, I like that and do revel in it for sure, but I am trying to find where I specifically tried to trigger you this time and am having issues. And yes, a movie about me would be great. It would need will farrel to play me and my friends would have to be the dude from crank Jason statham or whatever, Mel Gibson as my dad and of course marky mark would need to be in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2021 at 3:10 AM, Momus said:

Take Australia in 24hrs? How? With an expeditionary force and landing barges?

Yeah that seems like a long time. All they have to do is seize Scott Morrison, since Australians do everything they're told no matter how ridiculous. Couldn't take more than an hour or two. 

On 9/14/2021 at 3:59 AM, hondaman331 said:

You can’t hurt the feelings of those with no substance.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Substance is totally overrated. 

• Like 1