Win an Apex Racing 2 Stroke Head!

Win an Apex Racing 2 Stroke Head!
Select Yamaha, KTM, Husqvarna & GasGas 2 Stroke Models

All that is needed to enter the giveaway is a valid email address, or enter using Facebook Log In. If for some reason the giveaway entry widget isn't loading (may take a few seconds), CLICK HERE.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

You'll also need to tell us what Yamaha, KTM, Husqvarna or GasGas 2 stroke model you ride.  The rest of the entry options are optional bonus entries that increase your chances winning one of the five Apex Racing 2 Stroke Head Kits (single dome) being given away. Complete all bonus entry options to maximize your chances! 👈

Learn about Apex Racing products & services for 2 stroke off-road motorcycles

APEX_COLLAGE.png

Learn about Apex Racing products & services for 2 stroke off-road motorcycles

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Chief said:

Nice giveaway!

The head I received from Apex is fantastic.  😏

image.jpeg.578162a90565c5aba72c6f4d56b239bf.jpeg

Which dome are you running? What octane fuel? I heard the stock yz comp ratio and head design can have detonation issues with 91 octane. Which is what's available here. Race gas is super expensive and I'd rather run 91 non E.. that's why I'm interested in these heads. Plus they look cool.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jason628 said:

Which dome are you running? What octane fuel? I heard the stock yz comp ratio and head design can have detonation issues with 91 octane. Which is what's available here. Race gas is super expensive and I'd rather run 91 non E.. that's why I'm interested in these heads. Plus they look cool.

Correct, I had detonation issues with the stock head until I started using 100 octane.

I still use 100 octane with the Apex head. Mostly because I can’t stand the smell of pump normal pump gas. 

SX dome, which they substitute as a high elevation XC dome. 

100 octane  

I could have ordered the dome for 91, but there’s a gas station here that sells Sunoco 100 at the pump. It’s still more expensive, but not VP Race Fuel expensive. And  I hate the smell of normal pump gas.

Before I ordered, I called and spoke to Brian. (I think that was his name)

We went over all the specifics of my bike, type of riding, fuel, jetting  and what I was looking to improve. 

From that he was able to recommend a dome and starting point for the jetting. 

If I wouldn’t have called, I’d have probably ordered the XC dome. It would have been too mild and wouldn’t have retained some of the snap I wanted. 

It’s best to call and talk to them before ordering.   

• Like 4

i know Beta wasn't listed but i entered anyway 😎 psyched Apex finally released an insert for my 200RR ! i reached out while they were in development and heard back immediately, seem like a great co. 👍

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1