Want more power , don't buy crap turn your pv!

WHAT WILL IMPROVE A 2 STROKE WITH THE MOST FORGOTTEN TECHNIQUE TO ENHANCE ANY PORTION OF THE RPM PART TO SMOOTH AND IMPROVING TORQUE AND HORSEPOWER ? Crankcase pressure is the key to all jetting and RPM performance. Recommend a down load for for the 2 stroke bible by  Gordon Jennings 2 stroke tuner's  hand book. The magic is in this book. All changes above crankcase with PV or any other parts effects intake speed and volume dispersion through transfer ports and to power valve when adjusting directly that effects and affects crankcase pressure (sweet spot and heart for tuning). This is the one area the majority never addresses until you buy the 2 stroke tuner's bible.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Allen Day said:

To the data from the OP. 9 Dyno runs in 13 minutes (file names) with a huge change in humidity, and temps climbing fast ... and a sketchy looking AFR. 

Nothing to see here but questionable data.

JD jetting has loads of valid PV tuning dyno charts.

The fundamental point of the OP is valid:  consider tuning your PV first before looking for other gains.

Granted, as I have pointed out, the gains I was looking for are not affected by PV tuning (off idle / bottom end and overrev).

• Like 1

Big change in temperature lol 5 degress !!!

Sketchy afr ? You must be Kelsey in desguise haha 

The guy didn't even know about the afr till I pointed them out to him ,he's not a friend or anyone I know 

Keep trying to dismiss valid info ,it's legit ,you just don't like the things it says 

1 minute ago, mog said:

Big change in temperature lol 5 degress !!!

Sketchy afr ? You must be Kelsey in desguise haha 

The guy didn't even know about the afr till I pointed them out to him ,he's not a friend or anyone I know 

Keep trying to dismiss valid info ,it's legit ,you just don't like the things it says 

Wouldn't this kinda help explain why 'you know who' won't publish dyno runs?  Because people inevitably shit on them?

14 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Wouldn't this kinda help explain why 'you know who' won't publish dyno runs?  Because people inevitably shit on them?

No ,it's because he doesn't like the info they give ,you struggle to hide behind claims you can't show 

Nothing is perfect ,but the truth comes to the top,I've shown about 20 dynos every one show the afr changes a  with mods , it's undeniable 

And 2 strokes don't have some "special " afr 🤣

14 hours ago, Skeeter_Fogger said:

If you have ever read Gordon Jennings book you would realize the cylinder heads advertized above are less than you could have.

Unfortunately after 30 years my Gordon's book has a lot of tape holding the pages together.

All parts are designed to a be a base line platform not the final product for a singular solution and start the alteration for coordinating all parts form air box design, filter cage, density of foam, assorted reed block designs, torque spacers, port window raised or lowered, base gasket thickness, matched main case transfers, enlarging crankcase and polishing  for speed and volume, assorted selection for pistons, matching exhaust outlet to header pipe, choice between open silencer and spark arrest-or, wrapping complete pipe in heat tape for consistent operating heat transfer exit and reducing heat transferring to cylinder and carburetor for consistent jetting, and finally the modification for timing plate to coordinate and adjust for multiple outcomes for testing not just for horsepower but torque which is ultimately the final solution to wheel spin and traction.

You can go faster by going slower with the smooth delivery for torque implied solutions which increases the opportunity to run wider gear rations and the end result is controllable applications and yes top speed without over rev which extends the life of the engine, chain, sprockets, and tires and of course suspension designed to match the purpose for these modifications to support outcome based results.

In today's world who really wants to work this hard when you can push a button or bolt on a part as weak a substitute for the personal effort to become self educated, aware, and share the learning experimental experience based on some old book?

Good luck and continue your search to become the best you can be in your pursuit for the final solution to meet your personal ambition for outcome based results..

Defensor fortis

22_HALLMAN_1.jpg

Another point ,just removing the battery box on my ,2 stroke made it run terrible at 1/4 , it went super lean 

If that changes afr by a huge amount ,how can anyone believe you can add parts( and it run as intended)  onto a tpi without changing fueling 

It's laughable 

You can out parts on ,but it won't run as intended,it's impossible

On 9/13/2021 at 2:31 PM, redrider144 said:

First. I never said anything about the conclusions anyone here has drawn from this or any other Dyno data. 

The reason most people point out potential problems with Dyno data is because the vast majority of the data shown in forums in this industry are just junk. They are either hand selected marketing, or they are just executed with a poor scientific process. 

The dyno data shown in this thread may or may not represent what someone claims to see.  I pointed out several things on the image of the dyno overlay that should allow anyone analyzing that data to determine if that data should hold weight for them. 

My conclusion is this case? 9 runs in 13 minutes at WOT on a small displacment 2 smoke in a room that is getting hotter with every run is not a valid way to see a change. The lag in the sniffer style AFR data is laughable, and I suspect the "real" AFR data is actually off the chart in time because the test is short. 

Are TPI engines. lean, or do they get lean with mods? I have no idea, but the data shown here doesn't show anything that helps me decide. Not because I'm picking sides, not because I have an opinion or a bias. Just because there are too many questions about what was happening to that poor motorcycle in 13 short minutes. 

• Helpful 3

2 hours ago, mog said:

Poor motorcycle lol , 13 minutes ,your having a laugh....all about disinformation ..,.

How on earth can you ride a tpi in USA ? 80 degrees and 80% humidity ? It will blow up as it can't cope with the slightly warmer Dyno room ,think about it ....

Edited by mog

1 hour ago, mog said:

Poor motorcycle lol , 13 minutes ,your having a laugh....all about disinformation ..,.

How on earth can you ride a tpi in USA ? 80 degrees and 80% humidity ? It will blow up as it can't cope with the slightly warmer Dyno room ,think about it ....

Lots of Americans are riding the snot out of bolt on parts infused tpi models with no problems. The only lean seizures on low hour engines I’ve seen with tpi bikes were all stock setups. If kelseys head didn’t perform as promised it wouldn’t sell like hot cakes, there wouldn’t be you tube videos from average guys saying the head rocks, but there would be online bashing and even videos of stuck pistons and fingers pointed at Kelsey. Real world data has ALWAYS trumped a dyno in motocross or on dirt bikes in general, the amount of people who quickly shift to 5th gear and hold it wide open until it is revved all the way out is very minimal in the real world. Wouldn’t load on the engine affect afr? Sure it would. That’s why you can’t jet on a stand. Was this whole thread made just to prove something to someone who has the most sought after and bought head in the USA? By now, with all those heads installed we would’ve heard the bad news, it travels much faster then good news.

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, mog said:

2 hours ago, mog said:

How on earth can you ride a tpi in USA ? If the weather changes just slightly it can't get good afr ,sounds like the most incapable bike ever

80 degrees and 80% humidity ? It will blow up as it can't cope with the slightly warmer Dyno room ,think about it ....

Edited by mog

8 minutes ago, hondaman331 said:

Lots of Americans are riding the snot out of bolt on parts infused tpi models with no problems. The only lean seizures on low hour engines I’ve seen with tpi bikes were all stock setups. If kelseys head didn’t perform as promised it wouldn’t sell like hot cakes, there wouldn’t be you tube videos from average guys saying the head rocks, but there would be online bashing and even videos of stuck pistons and fingers pointed at Kelsey. Real world data has ALWAYS trumped a dyno in motocross or on dirt bikes in general, the amount of people who quickly shift to 5th gear and hold it wide open until it is revved all the way out is very minimal in the real world. Wouldn’t load on the engine affect afr? Sure it would. That’s why you can’t jet on a stand. Was this whole thread made just to prove something to someone who has the most sought after and bought head in the USA? By now, with all those heads installed we would’ve heard the bad news, it travels much faster then good news.

I didn't say it will blow up with a head 

I said it won't run as intended and can risk the engine depending on many factors 

Afr doesn't lie , it showed STD was normal afr clearly 

With no mods but a pv it was lean , you can hide behind " it's ok it hadn't blown up " 

Doesn't make it right ,KTM dint send them out with a lean afr ,that's a fact 

You can ride a bike with a lean afr ,carb bikes do it 

If you alter a carb bike ,no one in history has ever said 

Don't rejet 

You know this 

It's not about blowing up ,it's about ,does it run correctly ,the answer is no ,it's lean 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mog said:

I didn't say it will blow up with a head 

I said it won't run as intended and can risk the engine depending on many factors 

Afr doesn't lie , it showed STD was normal afr clearly 

With no mods but a pv it was lean , you can hide behind " it's ok it hadn't blown up " 

Doesn't make it right ,KTM dint send them out with a lean afr ,that's a fact 

You can ride a bike with a lean afr ,carb bikes do it 

If you alter a carb bike ,no one in history has ever said 

Don't rejet 

You know this 

It's not about blowing up ,it's about ,does it run correctly ,the answer is no ,it's lean 

I’m asking this question seriously, not in any sort of offhanded way, but why do you suppose we aren’t hearing of engine issues after turning the pv? Do you think the fact most people rebuild way too early is catching worn pistons before catastrophe strikes? How often are cylinders being sent out to get a replate? Lean afr, if not super lean, will wear stuff prematurely but the fact it’s also oil injected and almost guaranteed using synthetic oil seems like a disaster waiting to happen, especially with guys going slow and pushing the bike while idling. Seems those cylinders would be wearing very fast. I don’t know how to get the data on if that is actually happening

KTM says not to turn it ,it's in the manual to not adjust ,most owners don't do anything like that 

I bet 95% of bikes are as KTM delivered regarding engine 

You can't quantify what the good and bad is ,it depends on the mods ,the rider ,the terrain , in beech racing  they soon leant the STD bikes as delivered blew up under extreme conditions even with no fault ,soon after you didn't see tpi used on 3 HR beech racing lol 

I will ask you one question ,how many times have you rejet a carb in your life ? 

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

What is missing?

No battery box , without it ,it runs like a piece of crap at low revs