2021 Beta 430 Race Edition---> 280 POUNDS!!!

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You bring one bit of info interesting to me. A Beta 200 at 230 looks interesting and I figure a ptech combo guard added plus front and rear brake disc guards might put it maybe at 240 wet?  That’s perfect right there. 

I was thinking the same thing about the 200 and that's why its been a fun project....could possibly get down to 236 with the EE disc guards and skid plate....then you are looking at almost 40 HP for a 236 pound bike....compared to the 480 at 48 HP and 265 pounds....obviously HP is just a part of the overall equation...the KTM XC at 248 and 50+ HP is compelling as well..I don't know the HP of the newest 250 and 300 Race Edition bikes but I'm interested in that as well....at the end of the day I love the Beta's and weight alone is not going to steer me in another direction....I just want to be able to evaluate bikes in an "apples to apples" comparison...

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You bring one bit of info interesting to me. A Beta 200 at 230 looks interesting and I figure a ptech combo guard added plus front and rear brake disc guards might put it maybe at 240 wet?  That’s perfect right there. 

I was thinking the same thing about the 200 and that's why its been a fun project....could possibly get down to 236 with the EE disc guards and skid plate....then you are looking at almost 40 HP for a 236 pound bike....compared to the 480 at 48 HP and 265 pounds....obviously HP is just a part of the overall equation...the KTM XC at 248 and 50+ HP is compelling as well..I don't know the HP of the newest 250 and 300 Race Edition bikes but I'm interested in that as well....at the end of the day I love the Beta's and weight alone is not going to steer me in another direction....I just want to be able to evaluate bikes in an "apples to apples" comparison...

Just now, RoyDirt said:

The Warp 9 Elite wheels are 6 pounds heavier than the stock wheel set......

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RoyDirt said:

The Warp 9 Elite wheels are 6 pounds heavier than the stock wheel set......

Well I hope it’s stronger. It’s convenient just to buy a set of wheels instead of respoking yourself. I’ve been just buying stainless spokes and doing myself but been tempted to just buy a warp 9 or other set already done. 

2 hours ago, RoyDirt said:

Yeah each bike is great and different for different desires. There’s no end but it’s a wonderful addiction getting and riding different bikes and setting each up for what  you feel like riding that day. Feel like a small bire 2 t today? Or a big bore 4 t? You can do that and ride until you want to try riding something else. Ahh so lucky to have options!!:ride:

Throw those terrible nitro mousses in the trash and get some Michelin. Waaaayyy lighter(makes your suspension feel much better compared to nitro mousse IMO). Oh and they last longer. Sizing isn't as straight forward as nitros sizing chart but considering they don't shrink immediately its nice to not having to keep buying them all the time to have a good fit.

Edited by Texask5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gay-Bear-OZ said:

you are comparing peak power to peak power of the 200 and 480. The 480 makes power over a wider range making it easier to both go and stay fast on - JMO.

Fair point. I don't want to turn it into a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke thread or debate the merits of each bike aside from looking at weight. I love the 200 and I love the 480....wouldn't sell either bike....and they both have their strengths and weaknesses...this whole exercise is based on how difficult it has been to get actual curb weight numbers on various brands of bikes. I've learned a lot already about the weight of various wheel sets, tubes, tires, mousses, etc. I appreciate every response and love that this community is willing to chime in and make observations...

• Helpful 1

On 9/13/2021 at 5:04 AM, RoyDirt said:

Fair point. I don't want to turn it into a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke thread or debate the merits of each bike aside from looking at weight. I love the 200 and I love the 480....wouldn't sell either bike....and they both have their strengths and weaknesses...this whole exercise is based on how difficult it has been to get actual curb weight numbers on various brands of bikes. I've learned a lot already about the weight of various wheel sets, tubes, tires, mousses, etc. I appreciate every response and love that this community is willing to chime in and make observations...

Don't forget the 200 weight is spec'd with the oil injection system which other brands don't carry.  I removed that system (bottle and all) from my '19 200 and saved several pounds (oil factored in) and that is weight carried high.   I have a 2001 yz125 that weighs the same as the Beta 200 with injection removed.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

3 hours ago, kawagumby said:

Don't forget the 200 weight is spec'd with the oil injection system which other brands don't carry.  I removed that system (bottle and all) from my '19 200 and saved several pounds (oil factored in) and that is weight carried high.   I have a 2001 yz125 that weighs the same as the Beta 200 with injection removed.

Hmm what weight was that? Sounds great and encourages me more..

10 hours ago, kawagumby said:

Correct, but the Race Edition 2-stroke bikes (which is what my 200 is) do not have the fuel injection so that weight savings has already been factored into the weight I listed...

• Helpful 1

On 9/14/2021 at 7:14 PM, kawagumby said:

The actual weight I couldn't tell you since I use a bathroom scale to weigh my bikes...its good for comparison between them tho' and shows about 235# with full tank of gas, fasst-bars and rear disk guard (std tubes).

That’s close enough for me. Thankyou for the information. Your info plus all the other info out there plus my demo ride is enough evidence. I just gotta get a 200. No used out there . People are holding on like gold.  I don’t have to get a kyb. Sachs is fine with me. 

• Like 1

Taking the OI out may drop the weight on the 200 a few pounds, but it sure wont be noticeable. Taken OI out of a 300 and a 200 whatever weight savings there is was not noticed on either bike. Weight savings is not the reason why i took the OI out. The OI system is not that heavy you maybe saving like 3 lb`s . Most people are not going to feel 3 lbs. Several pounds is wrong, its more like a few pounds and not noticeable on any size you take it off of. The OI tank only holds 650ml which is somewhere between a half pound and 3/4 pound. The rest of the system weighs very little.

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, suomiboy said:

I don't run mousse tubes. Kenda tuff tubes are good enough for me.

Run 9 psi in the back, 13 psi up front. Rarely ever get a flat in the rocks.

B enduro rider.

I am working through tubes and tubeless weight/benefits now....thank you the def helps...