This one is speaking to me.... Any good?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/429899455110281

Never been a Gas Gas guy, but maybe I could be? On a 19 KTM 350 XCF that I really like. I guess I'm like every other dirt bike guy, always looking for the next greener pastures. Mostly riding sandy Florida single track and the occasional mx track, just for fun. But, MX isn't a primary concern for me.

Also, thoughts on the price? Seems pretty good to me honestly, but can't say I follow Gas Gas pricing either.

image.png

I've ridden that exact year/model bike.  I can't praise it enough.  Excellent suspension, and the power is perfect (It has 2 ignition maps, and they are night and day different).  You should buy it and then decide which bike you want to keep.  I know what I'm betting on 😉

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, dirtjumpordie said:

I've ridden that exact year/model bike.  I can't praise it enough.  Excellent suspension, and the power is perfect (It has 2 ignition maps, and they are night and day different).  You should buy it and then decide which bike you want to keep.  I know what I'm betting on 😉

BOTH! 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Best looking Gasser ever. I had a 2019 (just not the 6 days). This is the last year of production before KTM bought them. Starter is an issue no ifs, ands, or buts about it, but it has a kicker. Lots of good info in the GG section. Price is high, definitely Covid pricing. Sold mine for $6600 and usually you see them between 6k-7k. This one has some goodies and looks clean but I think $8200 is a stretch. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, Iakovos1 said:

Best looking Gasser ever. I had a 2019 (just not the 6 days). This is the last year of production before KTM bought them. Starter is an issue no ifs, ands, or buts about it, but it has a kicker. Lots of good info in the GG section. Price is high, definitely Covid pricing. Sold mine for $6600 and usually you see them between 6k-7k. This one has some goodies and looks clean but I think $8200 is a stretch. 

Fix for the starter out there?

2 hours ago, Bryan II said:

Fix for the starter out there?

Kinda. There’s lots of little things that go wrong around the starter motor, shaft, bendix, etc..... there’s a huge thread that you should take a few minutes and skim. At the end of the day it was never designed to be a cold start system.  It was designed to be a restart system. Kick it when cold, use button when warm. 

1 minute ago, Iakovos1 said:

Kinda. There’s lots of little things that go wrong around the starter motor, shaft, bendix, etc..... there’s a huge thread that you should take a few minutes and skim. At the end of the day it was never designed to be a cold start system.  It was designed to be a restart system. Kick it when cold, use button when warm. 

I'm in Florida. It's never cold. 😉 Thx for the suggestion!

I've got a 2018 (19 model) and it's pretty damn good.

The engine is pretty punchy and linear, the suspension is great and so are the brakes.

However, the starter seems to be the weak spot and the bike is pretty weighty. It hides it well, since the weight cog is pretty low, but it's definitely on the hefty side.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 9/15/2021 at 3:30 PM, Mike Barger said:

I recently bought a 2018 Gas Gas EC300 and I am loving it.  I previously had a 2017 FE350 with Get ECU and FMF exhaust.  To me, the EC300 is much more fun to ride.

Typical two stroke effect. I was a lot faster on my 350 four stroke but it never made me smile. The Gasser always makes me smile when riding. For me speed isn't a factor, fun is what I want and the gasser is definitely a fun bike (to not use the Beta term "play bike") 🙂

Cheers Doc

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Typical two stroke effect. I was a lot faster on my 350 four stroke but it never made me smile. The Gasser always makes me smile when riding. For me speed isn't a factor, fun is what I want and the gasser is definitely a fun bike (to not use the Beta term "play bike") 🙂

Cheers Doc

My 350 makes me smile, but it's most happy when you're pushing hard and revving it out. Sometimes I just want to "cruise" and explore and the 350 can be a little high strung for that. But, I think we're talking about the same thing. A dirt bikers relentless pursuit of the perfect bike!

image.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gay-Bear-OZ said:

Who needs low end power in Florida? 

Deep sand. 

The 350 has amble low end, especially in map 2. I never feel like I'm lacking power, but the ability of a 2 stroke to idle down and the lack of engine braking allow the bike to be ridden and a more relaxed pace with less effort. Also, the 350 is more abrupt off idle than the 2 stokes that I've ridden, most recently a Beta 300RR. So smooooooth.

I went from my YZ450 to my 18 GasGas XC 300 and it is more fun in every single aspect except long loamy hill climbs where the 450 would just rip. Its more fun and zippy, the adjustable powervalve allows you to make it as fun as you want. Feels light and nimble vs. the 4t and the low end grunt is amazing on this motor. 

• Like 3