Stock header with slip-on

1 hour ago, jentzschman said:

Has anyone put a FMF slip-on with the stock header/mid pipe?

Not so much put on, but when I brought my 2007 E it had the FMF slip on fitted.  This was with the E header so probably a step up on the S (I think the E header is slightly larger).  I went on to purchase the power bomb header a few months after a complete rebuild.  The power bomb just fitted like it was supposed to and I used the heat shield from the stock system

• Like 1

Odd question:

I realize that the full potential will not be realized, but just curious to it's feasibility due to cost to replace both header and pipe at the same time... 

Not odd. Yes its fine. You don't need the pipe. The stock muffler is the main restriction. 

Edited by Diverdown
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jentzschman said:

Odd question:

I realize that the full potential will not be realized, but just curious to it's feasibility due to cost to replace both header and pipe at the same time... 

It will make a huge difference. 

The stock muffler is a bad "choke" !

The E header made no noticeable difference, when I tried it.

Edited by Tony Wyp
  • Like 2

Not on a DRZ, Plan on getting the lexx slip on and midpipe for my kx450

Ok, next question. 

Has anyone used the LEXX and FMF Q4 pipes?

Any real difference between the two? If so, pros, cons?

This may help you, quite a bit of versatility IMO

Edited by Dr. Dinosink
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dr. Dinosink said:

Not on a DRZ, Plan on getting the lexx slip on and midpipe for my kx450

This may help you, quite a bit of versatility IMO

That was very helpful.

I am curious though about part numbers. RMATV has part number 1201920035 for a 06 drz 400 s. Ebay, the only place I can find that has this in stock right now, shows 1201920002 part number...

Trying to confirm that the one from ebay will fit my 06 drz 400 E

41 minutes ago, jentzschman said:

That was very helpful.

I am curious though about part numbers. RMATV has part number 1201920035 for a 06 drz 400 s. Ebay, the only place I can find that has this in stock right now, shows 1201920002 part number...

Trying to confirm that the one from ebay will fit my 06 drz 400 E

Is your bike a '06 drz-400e, or the "s" model? you mentioned both here...

So, assuming its the "s" model (because RMATV does not even have the option for a '06 "e" model)...

It looks like the 1201920002 part number that you are finding on ebay is just the general part number, not specific to any particular bike because when I type it into the RMATV search bar I get the Lexx exhaust not specific to any bike either...

It didn't look like the prices on ebay were that different from RMATV if you include the bonus quick cash (comes out to $194), cheapest I saw on ebay was $197...Not sure if its that big of a deal to you or not lol but I would just buy it through RMATV, that way you know its specific to your bike and in a way you save some money albeit $3 ?

Edited by Dr. Dinosink

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dinosink said:

Is your bike a '06 drz-400e, or the "s" model? you mentioned both here...

So, assuming its the "s" model (because RMATV does not even have the option for a '06 "e" model)...

It looks like the 1201920002 part number that you are finding on ebay is just the general part number, not specific to any particular bike because when I type it into the RMATV search bar I get the Lexx exhaust not specific to any bike either...

• It didn't look like the prices on ebay were that different from RMATV if you include the bonus quick cash (comes out to $194), cheapest I saw on ebay was $197...Not sure if its that big of a deal to you or not lol but I would just buy it through RMATV, that way you know its specific to your bike and in a way you save some money albeit $3 ?

My bike is an E model. But I understand that anything S is compatible with E

RMATV does not have any in stock. The ebay listing, so far, is the only place I found that has the lexx in stock 

Edited by jentzschman

41 minutes ago, jentzschman said:

My bike is an E model. But I understand that anything S is compatible with E

RMATV does not have any in stock. The ebay listing, so far, is the only place I found that has the lexx in stock 

The S exhaust is not a direct bolt-on to an E model due to the subframes and mounting points are different but can be modified to work. The E exhaust is less restrictive though as the head pipe is larger diameter as is the muffler inlet. So, you'd be taking a step backwards.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bumtarder said:

The S exhaust is not a direct bolt-on to an E model due to the subframes and mounting points are different but can be modified to work. The E exhaust is less restrictive though as the head pipe is larger diameter as is the muffler inlet. So, you'd be taking a step backwards.

Thank you. I wonder why RMATV does not offer the lexx for the E model....its much cheaper then the FMF versions ?

41 minutes ago, roleyrev said:

In the US?

image.thumb.png.d8b4abb173c78b74f71e969e189081ae.png

Yes, the E was never street legal in the US, neutered (S engine specs) in CA for 04 and then 07 for the rest of the country. Discontinued in 08. Some states with looser rules do allow the E to be plated, unfortunately not mine. I do envy you guys that can buy street legal E's, would have saved a fair bit of money over making my S dirt worthy.

Do they even sell the S there?

Edited by npm