Yz400f clutch not working after install

1998 yz400f.   Just pulled kickshaft to replace a couple guides. And put a new oem basket inner and outer in  reusing plates to get a couple more rides in before teardown.  After assembly I have no gears and clutch is super easy to pull almost no resistance. And with it running if I put into gear it jumps about an inch the acts like it's in neutral 

20210920_214639.jpg

Mate, please don't consider this insulting, but do you have all the friction discs and clutch plates in it? The symptoms you describe are either that it is missing a plate or a spring, or at least one spring is broken or shagged out. The light pull indicates not enough spring tension, so the clutch is not disengaging when you pull in the lever. Dismantle the clutch again, make sure that everything is there and check the springs are intact and the correct length

3 minutes ago, ThumpaGreg said:

Mate, please don't consider this insulting, but do you have all the friction discs and clutch plates in it? The symptoms you describe are either that it is missing a plate or a spring, or at least one spring is broken or shagged out.  

Shagged????  Oh behave !  
?

I'm not sure yours has the ball looking at the schematic.  Did you put the washers #11,and #17 and bearing #16 back in? Im assuming 15 is in because you wouldn't have anything at all.  How did the push rod look on the ends? Not being an ass, are you sure you have the clutch cable adjusted properly? You may need to use the adjust thats in the cable itself not at the lever. Just asking because I've seen it accidentally missed before. Just trying to look at any possibilities. 

Screenshot_20210923-061151_Chrome.jpg

12 hours ago, ss-racing66 said:

On some bikes (not sure if the 400f is included) the pressure plate must be installed in such a way that it meshes with the hub underneath, or it doesn’t clamp the stack of plates, that may be what’s going on here.

Yeah the yz85 had a raised pointer on the pressure plate you have to align for it to drop into position. I've not had my clutch apart on my YZ400F. But can get an outside pic if needed.

That pic would help thanks  I ordered a manual for it. Too work got busy so probably can't touch it again till Monday.  Also notice there is an arrow on the pressure plate where is this supposed to face my digital manual isn't loading the pages I think it should be on its by the arrow I drew facing out

20210920_214639.jpg