2019 Husky 501 zeda 30MM fork spacer install problem.

Hey guys. i am lowering a friends bike for him because he is only 5'2.  i bought the zeda 30 MM front fork spacer kit.

everything went easy until i put the top cap back the rod.  I tightened the nut all the way down on the threaded rod just like i took it off with soft jaws.

i put the spring in and put the cap on. it seem the cap dose not tighten up to the nut like when i took the off ?

has about a 3/8 space between the nut and cap with the cap bottomed out.

i am assuming that i have to tighten the nut back up to the cap ?

or dose the cap have more of a recess up in it that in not getting in to ?

Edited by sand_fiend

On 10/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, sand_fiend said:

Hey guys. i am lowering a friends bike for him because he is only 5'2.  i bought the zeda 30 MM front fork spacer kit.

everything went easy until i put the top cap back the rod.  I tightened the nut all the way down on the threaded rod just like i took it off with soft jaws.

i put the spring in and put the cap on. it seem the cap dose not tighten up to the nut like when i took the off ?

has about a 3/8 space between the nut and cap with the cap bottomed out.

i am assuming that i have to tighten the nut back up to the cap ?

or dose the cap have more of a recess up in it that in not getting in to ?

A simple measurement of the depth of the threaded hole in the cap will tell you how far the rod should go in.

I'd guess most/all the way to the nut. Check the adjuster is backed right off, and the rod or whatever is fitted in place properly.