not able to remove front sprocket

On 10/13/2021 at 8:24 AM, Toughmudder said:

The teeth are so ronded that it slip when applying torque to unscrew the front sprocket bolt. Any idea?  Thanks

20211012_181958.jpg

Are you trying to take the sprocket off?

Or is it the sprocket itself that is slipping? I am not sure what you are asking about exactly.

your front sprocket does look real worn and I would consider replacing it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joel Buortesch said:

Are you trying to take the sprocket off?

Or is it the sprocket itself that is slipping? I am not sure what you are asking about exactly.

your front sprocket does look real worn and I would consider replacing it.

i wanted to get it off.  like i said previously, i tightened the chain, i applied the rear brake and i was able to remove the sprocket screw out with an Impact wrench

17 hours ago, DancinDave said:

Why take it off? 1/2" diameter carbide burr in a die grinder, follow existing recesses between teeth as best as one can, roll it forward, repeat. Don't worry if ya hit the chain-frame-guard-fingers...

You so funny! 🤣

20 hours ago, Toughmudder said:

i wanted to get it off.  like i said previously, i tightened the chain, i applied the rear brake and i was able to remove the sprocket screw out with an Impact wrench

In that case try to get some WD40 and spray it on. it will hopefully grease the surface between the bolt and sprocket. If that doesn't work try to hit the bolt in a non-damaging way. Find something metal to cause vibrations then try the impact driver again.

if nothing seems to work, just find a flathead and jam it in with the run of the chain so that it causes a prohibition. A piece of would should also do.

I hope you get that one off.

Just now, 69fastback said:

Why would he do that when it’s already off?  Doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense. 

Have to reinforce the process so he doesn't wait as long next time. 

• Haha 1