most ridiculous things people do

I just came across forum discussion, where dude was mixing his gas with oil for 4t bike. So I am just curious, what else u see people do. 
Dude that use ride with us, he had 2 stroke. He would mix randomly his oil and gas for his bike, and extra fuel after ride he would put in his truck. And later complain about his bike ran like crap, and his truck. And I am sure he is not only one who is doing that. 

• Haha 2

Actually mixed gas in his truck wouldn't be a problem. A little 2t oil in his 4t, no problem. Too much? Problem. I have done this for years with no issues, but careful to keep the oil ratio low especially for the bike. Never tried using any oil in gas for an injected 4t though. No idea how that would work. Probably not well.

12 hours ago, Ivan Mosh said:

I just came across forum discussion, where dude was mixing his gas with oil for 4t bike. So I am just curious, what else u see people do. 
Dude that use ride with us, he had 2 stroke. He would mix randomly his oil and gas for his bike, and extra fuel after ride he would put in his truck. And later complain about his bike ran like crap, and his truck. And I am sure he is not only one who is doing that. 

I think that guy was trolling. Said he would put something like two quarts of oil in his gas tank and it made power. BS

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Randy300XC said:

I think that guy was trolling. Said he would put something like two quarts of oil in his gas tank and it made power. BS

Maybe later on, when everyone start saying that he is idiot. 
It just got me thinking, people like that actually exist, and they tell other this is the way of doing it. 
when I was kid, I had my dad friend told me proper way to warm up 2 stroke, give full throttle when bike is cold, for about minute. I figure because he used to ride, I try it. I blew crank shaft lower bearing 10 min after that warm up. Idk for sure it blew because they way I warm up, or was just bad mixture. Never try to warm up my 2t like that again. 

• Like 1

That's alot of oil in a bike. It would foul a plug if a 2t, in minutes. And be a mosquito fogger til it quit. 4 stroke? 2 quarts would probably foul a 4t plug. Yeah trolling. Stupid stuff people do? Where to start? Are we just talking bike related?

5 hours ago, k.g said:

My stihl pole saw is a 4t and it actually calls for 32:1 premix. 

Yup, i got the same one. Its called a 4mix. Mine gets the same as the bike. Amsoil Dominator 50:1.

• Confused 1

There was a guy we once camped with on desert trips where at some point between night and next morning he would pull everyone’s spark plug wires off. So it came down to anyone that didn’t know he would do it would be the victim of everyone that did know. And we would watch them kick their bikes trying to start it. Ask them dumb questions until finally someone would say, “have you checked your spark plug wire?!”  

It was funny when you’re not the guy, but stupid and annoying too. 

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Ivan Mosh said:

Not clean their bikes after riding. 

• Helpful 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

Not clean their bikes after riding. 

I prefer to clean just my bike, not all the bikes. mud gets stuck in radiator or around engine, f with ur cooling. I ride very sensitive bike, if I sneeze on him he will back fire for the rest of the day. If I wash my hands near, carb will start leaking. And if I don’t wash him I’m afraid to think what my bike will do. 

Edited by Ivan Mosh
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Randy300XC said:

There was a guy we once camped with on desert trips where at some point between night and next morning he would pull everyone’s spark plug wires off. So it came down to anyone that didn’t know he would do it would be the victim of everyone that did know. And we would watch them kick their bikes trying to start it. Ask them dumb questions until finally someone would say, “have you checked your spark plug wire?!”  

It was funny when you’re not the guy, but stupid and annoying too. 

I am so doing that next ride we are out. I need to make sure my go pro is on. 

• Like 1