Gearing help

Currently am running a 13/48 sprocket set up on my 250 250sx and I’m wanting to get more of a hit when it gets to power band I’m wonder what I change my gearing to get that "hit” and still keep a decent top speed because I still like going decently fast down the road when I have to

Have you done any experimenting with the power valve setting? How far in from flush is the dolly screw turned currently? 

I think you'd see a significant increase in low end hit with a 50 tooth sprocket. It's the next most available size rear sprocket, without going too much. Installing a 50 and leaving PV as is will make it seem like it's coming on quicker because you'll be building revs quicker/sooner and the hit will be more abrupt because of the increased torque the engine has over the lower gearing.

Depending on what kind of riding and terrain you do, you might not like it. 

Edited by Trailryder42

8 hours ago, Trailryder42 said:

Have you done any experimenting with the power valve setting? How far in from flush is the dolly screw turned currently? 

I think you'd see a significant increase in low end hit with a 50 tooth sprocket. It's the next most available size rear sprocket, without going too much. Installing a 50 and leaving PV as is will make it seem like it's coming on quicker because you'll be building revs quicker/sooner and the hit will be more abrupt because of the increased torque the engine has over the lower gearing.

Depending on what kind of riding and terrain you do, you might not like it. 

You know I didn’t think about the power valve adjustment,I would change the springs out but I got the bike used and I never got any with it

• 1 month later...