Don't practice with Pros

1 minute ago, CR250-2007 said:

Alessi could donate his prize money.

As a humanitarian yes.

I doubt that Mike would feel like rewarding the crash-guy for causing a potential I'm-now-in-a-wheel-chair accident.

8 hours ago, 777654321 said:

This should never have happened. Im sure the owner of Glen Helen is at one of his Abortion Clinics ignoring the blame. 

They're 'dental surgeries'.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, 777654321 said:

I hate to see anyone get injured. I hope this has opened the promoters EYES about stacking gates. 125 50plus on the track with the fastest class is stupid. 

Agreed, like I said earlier everyone of them could have done something to stop this but IMO I find the track most culpable, MX is not like Hare Scrambles etc. where you mix riders of different speeds.  

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

Agreed, like I said earlier everyone of them could have done something to stop this but IMO I find the track most culpable, MX is not like Hare Scrambles etc. where you mix riders of different speeds.  

Wasn't the guy hit as he was coming off the track at low speed with his left hand up?

It could happen to anyone.

Wouldn't an experienced, aware flagger see the danger and help by warning oncoming riders?

Edited by SlowDinoDog

9 hours ago, CR250-2007 said:

I doubt this will make any difference, money's the only thing that will change the promoters behavior.

How will 'money change the promoters behaviour'?

15 hours ago, SlowDinoDog said:

Wasn't the guy hit as he was coming off the track at low speed with his left hand up?

No. He pulled hard from the center of the track to the left and literally waved at the camera. Then, bang.

Edited by Momus

On 11/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, ah665 said:

Ya I think he's leaning that way, partially because of contingency.  But also because we have a few buddies that really like their new Kawis. He rode theirs and loved it. The new Kawis seem nice for sure. I'd like to try the 250 (Honda also.) The motor seems fun.

I finally rode my son's 2022 CRF250R.  Within 30 seconds I felt like I'd come home.  It turns amazing,  I could pick any line i wanted.  It's still a bit flat on the bottom but it pulls down low much better than the older 250fs.  The font forks are pretty good,  after reading the reviews I was expecting worse.  Shifting is fantastic.  On a tight track is light years better than my 2018 TC250.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I finally rode my son's 2022 CRF250R.  Within 30 seconds I felt like I'd come home.  It turns amazing,  I could pick any line i wanted.  It's still a bit flat on the bottom but it pulls down low much better than the older 250fs.  The font forks are pretty good,  after reading the reviews I was expecting worse.  Shifting is fantastic.  On a tight track is light years better than my 2018 TC250.

Awesome. Glad to hear. The more I read about them, the more I like them. If I were bike shopping it would be the only other bike I'd be currently considering  aside from the YZ250F. The way people describe it, I know I'd like the Honda a lot! Sounds like it's right up my alley. Lol. Hope you guys enjoy it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Ignition mapping could change the bottom. I can just see you riding by your son saying "Thanks, whens yours coming" 😁