Why a four stroke

Another IRC Video. Nothing earth shattering or surprising here, but good to get TM a little more exposure. 

While I’ve always been a two stroke guy since I used 250 MX bikes to race Hare Scrambles back in the day, every time I ride Ty’s 300 four strokes they pretty much convert me over. Plus they have been so reliable! 

However we have missed having two strokes around!
We’ve been making plans with TM for next season and came up with a fun plan. Ty will 100% be racing Endurocross again next season on the 300 four stroke and that’ll be his main focus. On top of that he’ll be racing the WORCS series in the A Class (those races aren’t near technical enough for him to ride pro) The fun part is he’ll race and test a variety of bikes. The plan is for him to get a bike that was a magazine test bike, ride and race it a little, then sell it and go to the next one. He’ll race whichever cc class that bike falls in.  He’ll also be trying various parts and things along the way.  The bikes planned out are 

250Fi MX
300 MX

300Fi EN  2stroke

300Fi MX 4stroke
300Fi EN  4stroke 
450Fi MX

144 EN

Should be fun. Plus can talk about more of the bikes here. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cullins said:

Another IRC Video. Nothing earth shattering or surprising here, but good to get TM a little more exposure. 

While I’ve always been a two stroke guy since I used 250 MX bikes to race Hare Scrambles back in the day, every time I ride Ty’s 300 four strokes they pretty much convert me over. Plus they have been so reliable! 

However we have missed having two strokes around!
We’ve been making plans with TM for next season and came up with a fun plan. Ty will 100% be racing Endurocross again next season on the 300 four stroke and that’ll be his main focus. On top of that he’ll be racing the WORCS series in the A Class (those races aren’t near technical enough for him to ride pro) The fun part is he’ll race and test a variety of bikes. The plan is for him to get a bike that was a magazine test bike, ride and race it a little, then sell it and go to the next one. He’ll race whichever cc class that bike falls in.  He’ll also be trying various parts and things along the way.  The bikes planned out are 

250Fi MX
300 MX

300Fi EN  2stroke

300Fi MX 4stroke
300Fi EN  4stroke 
450Fi MX

144 EN

Should be fun. Plus can talk about more of the bikes here. 

Just caught that vid - excellent stuff, Ty is well spoken...

I wanna see some of those 300 4st on some hard enduro courses!

29 minutes ago, lankydoug said:

The night show at the Ozark 100 miler is made for TY on a 300 2 stroke.  

Only if it’s less than 100 miles?.  What’s that event like? 

We don’t keep it a secret anymore, Ty isn’t good for races over about an hour because of his back, he has scheuermann's disease. Basically a curved spine which gives him kind of a hunched back. It limits his time on a bike and why he doesn’t do the extreme enduros even though he can be good at them.  We used to keep it quit for sponsorship reasons etc., but now it doesn’t matter anymore as he’s happy where he is. 

He really wishes most Endurocross tracks where more technical that a two stroke would be equal to or better than a four stroke. Funny thing is this video was done at the Prescott AZ round and it was the one event he kinda wished he was on the two stroke. 

• Like 2

The Ozark 100 miler is 3 separate race loops of 30 ish miles.  The first one is all classes pro through C class run a standard hare scramble. The second race is for B through Pro classes.  The third race is for the top 23 or 4 ish qualifiers and it's run in the dark so if you are or expect to be a top qualifier you need to have lighting for your helmet and bike.  Some of the night sections are lit up for spectators.  The 3rd race has very difficult technical rocky hill climbs and obstacles that are not for the average Joe. There is a break between the 3 race loops and it's an all day and into the night affair.  

I'm familiar with Scheuermann's because someone close to me has it.  She played college tennis with it and has to get massage therapy fairly often.  If there's an up side to it it's that because of the curve of the spine people who have it can have increased lung capacity.  

I agree with Ty and also wish everything from hare scrambles to endurocross was more technical.  Endurocross seems to be going the way of supercross where there's jumps everywhere to please the fans who probably don't know enough about technical riding to appreciate it.

I have a friend in Missouri who's family farm is 4000 acres with terrain that could make a single loop hare scramble.  We have talked about making a race track there that that has splits in the trail with a risk reward.  In other words a rider can choose a time saving short cut that is very difficult so if the rider cleans it he or she gains a minute or two over a longer easier side of the split.  If they don't clean the difficult section it would add a lot of time.  The C riders would probably never take the difficult split.  In our small riding group we already have 4 small home tracks that are set up this way but nothing quite big enough to host a big race.  

• Like 1