2022 SX

TDW

Indoors, Cooper is hard to beat. His starts are on point and he can turn under anyone. Tomac has his work cut out for himself if he wants to dethrone the #2 Indoors. Outdoors is where Tomac and the YZ450 will shine. His battles with DF will be EPIC!!!

Chase Sexton will surprise many. He will get at least one win, and will be consistently on the box.

AP7 is a tough one for me to call. We all know he has the speed and that the bike is top notch, but can he jell with the team that quickly is my concern.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

5 hours ago, TDW said:

A few interesting bits of information in here I hadnt heard about.

Is it true, Chad Reed might be coming back and racing SX this year?

With this talent pool and training regiments Chad will be lucky to not see an LCQ. 

2 hours ago, 777654321 said:

After watching video I think the video guy was referring to Chad racing in Paris. Hes got a chance at that one off little track.

Yeah that what I wondering about, him racing in Paris is already known but I dont think the video made it clear that would be the only race. But didnt the video also show him practicing with Marv on a freekin KTM and lookin like he really might be getting ready for the SX season, I dont know?

4 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Indoors, Cooper is hard to beat. His starts are on point and he can turn under anyone. Tomac has his work cut out for himself if he wants to dethrone the #2 Indoors. Outdoors is where Tomac and the YZ450 will shine. His battles with DF will be EPIC!!!

Chase Sexton will surprise many. He will get at least one win, and will be consistently on the box.

AP7 is a tough one for me to call. We all know he has the speed and that the bike is top notch, but can he jell with the team that quickly is my concern.

Agree with Sexton going to surprise this year, and that AP is a tough one to call this year.

Webb and Tomac could go forward or backward this season IMO. But for sure both will be pushing hard and will make things interesting.

This season is going to be ultra competitive and Kenny will have a front row seat seeing guys continue to occupy the top five spots in front of him.

And then there is the frenchman, who will probably be trying to make himself some room by taking guys out who are too close or in his way. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TDW said:

And then there is the frenchman, who will probably be trying to make himself some room by taking guys out who are too close or in his way. 

LOL ....   Should start calling him "La-Bam, La-bam"   I bet Craig has a nick name for him !!  

• Haha 2

Some here seem to think it's a 'sure thing' that Webb and the new KTM will automatically be "the man" on the all new bike. They'll have had some time to dial it in but hell, looked what they accomplished...or, more of what they didn't in 4 years of trying to set up the previous bike for the Nationals. Ok, it is SX we're talking about but after the embarrassing year Webb had outdoors, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring forth a more outdoor complaint bike this time. If they do, they'll likely be sacrificing some of it's previous SX prowess. What ever they bring out, they'll need set-ups. That could take weeks, months or years.

What am I saying :banghead: It's KTM, they aren't bothered by rules. They'll just build an indoor frame and an outdoor frame and label them the same. 

I won't be surprised if Eli is off his usual pace for while. 

Sexton and AC will take turns break dancing in the dirt.

Anderson, I'll be rooting for him to finish ahead of Redbull KTM riders.  

Dylan wants it more than anybody and has the skills, bike and team to get it done. 

Not sure what Kenny we'll see, Mr Pullover or Mr Fight for it?

1 hour ago, indy rider said:

Dylan wants it more than anybody and has the skills, bike and team to get it done. 

Almost every year alot of people say "its really a deep field this year" but seriously this year may be the deepest and closest competitively for quite a few years. 

I think AC is another one that is hard to predict how he will do in SX but he will be in all in and going for it, Im sure of that. Mookie is probably in the same category also.

Dont really think that Kenny can take the kind of chances it would take to fight for it, its kind of late in the game for him I think.

16 hours ago, indy rider said:

From all sources being human Eli is said to be turning faster lap times outdoors the first day on Blue. He looks recharged and hungry.  This 2022 season may just be the best we've seen since RC and Stew were battling. If Tomac gets Top 3 first round hes hungry. If he wins first round game over and ill meet you all Sept 24 😎

• Helpful 1

18 hours ago, indy rider said:

Some here seem to think it's a 'sure thing' that Webb and the new KTM will automatically be "the man" on the all new bike. They'll have had some time to dial it in but hell, looked what they accomplished...or, more of what they didn't in 4 years of trying to set up the previous bike for the Nationals. Ok, it is SX we're talking about but after the embarrassing year Webb had outdoors, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring forth a more outdoor complaint bike this time. If they do, they'll likely be sacrificing some of it's previous SX prowess. What ever they bring out, they'll need set-ups. That could take weeks, months or years.

What am I saying :banghead: It's KTM, they aren't bothered by rules. They'll just build an indoor frame and an outdoor frame and label them the same. 

For me it is Webb's starts that make the difference in SX. He is a sprinter and when near the end he has a hard kick to win just like he did to Roczen last year. His coaching provides him with top notch race management as well. Webb has shown he can win in SX.

When Webb gets to the marathon grind of outdoors I don't think he has it in him on big bikes at least. He didn't start finishing near the top till near then end of outdoors last season year when a lot of guys were out. And that has been the same pretty much since he has been on orange AFAICT.

I am no Webb fan just saying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

For me it is Webb's starts that make the difference in SX. He is a sprinter and when near the end he has a hard kick to win just like he did to Roczen last year. His coaching provides him with top notch race management as well. Webb has shown he can win in SX.

When Webb gets to the marathon grind of outdoors I don't think he has it in him on big bikes at least. He didn't start finishing near the top till near then end of outdoors last season year when a lot of guys were out. And that has been the same pretty much since he has been on orange AFAICT.

I am no Webb fan just saying.

HONDA has a new rider. 

Screenshot_20211119-153912_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Or it's a parting ways gift from Chase.

So how do we think that went, James instructing correct launch of yourself off of anything.

Taking the next gear WFO at the first whoop Chase can see.  Chase learning lawn dart 101.

Trey may have been a better pick.  Heartland Lawn Darts . 

• Haha 2