New Bike

johngolds

I picked up a 22 crf450rl and so far really like it.  I have the common complaints about the efi and plan on deleting all the smog shit.  I am looking for frame guards for it and cant find anything that will fit.  does anyone know what if any others will cross reference?  There are a ton of parts for the other CRF's but not much for the L, or Im just nkot looking in the right places.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, johngolds said:

I picked up a 22 crf450rl and so far really like it.  I have the common complaints about the efi and plan on deleting all the smog shit.  I am looking for frame guards for it and cant find anything that will fit.  does anyone know what if any others will cross reference?  There are a ton of parts for the other CRF's but not much for the L, or Im just nkot looking in the right places.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Coles notes 

For anyone else trying to do this I contacted ACERBIS and they confirmed my suspicions you need to order the 2018 ones.

“It looks like what was purchased was part #2736331018.  You actually need part #2630711018.

HONDA CRF 250 R 2018 2019
- HONDA CRF 250 RX 2019
- HONDA CRF 300 RX 2019
- HONDA CRF 450 R 2017 2018

I hope this helps. 

Edited by Mainjet250

FWIW, I used the parts Mainjet mentioned, and it worked for me.  I had to cut them a little bit for a good fit.  I think the only cutting was on the left side of the bike. 

One thing I didn't realize when I bought this bike was how hard it would be to get aftermarket parts like this.  Is this a COVID issue, or because the bike is too rare?  Or both?

Edited by RichieW13

7 hours ago, RichieW13 said:

FWIW, I used the parts Mainjet mentioned, and it worked for me.  I had to cut them a little bit for a good fit.  I think the only cutting was on the left side of the bike. 

One thing I didn't realize when I bought this bike was how hard it would be to get aftermarket parts like this.  Is this a COVID issue, or because the bike is too rare?  Or both?

I think COVID is just messing everything up 

Here is a reply from IMS in the summer when I asked if they were making a 4 gallon ish tank for these 

Unfortunately, we don't have this model on the road map right now. This
model of tank presents some unique challenges related to the fuel pump and
delivery of fuel from the lower points of a wing tank. We're looking into
it, but don't have a timeline right now. We've had lots of requests for
something larger, but we'd like to stay away from having to install a lift
pump internally on this tank if we can. 

I know everything going on right now with COVID-19 has delayed everyone and
everything, so we're just now finishing up some of our other projects. You
can check with me in another 3-4 months to see if there's been any traction
on this larger 450L tank, but at this time there is no update/timetable.

I really appreciate all the information.  does anyone have feedback, good or bad about the vortex ecu with the thumb switch?  I also want to delete the emissions junk that restricts the engine.  and the thermostat delete.  these are my plans for over the winter to be ready when it gets nice here in illinois.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:44 PM, johngolds said:

I picked up a 22 crf450rl and so far really like it.  I have the common complaints about the efi and plan on deleting all the smog shit.  I am looking for frame guards for it and cant find anything that will fit.  does anyone know what if any others will cross reference?  There are a ton of parts for the other CRF's but not much for the L, or Im just nkot looking in the right places.b  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Just get frame grip tape, Nihilo sells them and I designed them for them as they didn't have a pattern until I created one. See my bike pic.

20210725_095129.jpg