joneeez

Other high mileage DR's?

31 posts in this topic

I have a 1991 Suzuki DR650S with 16,500 miles on it. No mechanical problems, runs like a champ. Gets about 40mpg (sad I know) but it does have a supertrapp on it and runs slightly rich. Its a great bike, other than the poor counterbalance design of the older ones.

i've got 5600 on my 8 month old '06. yeah, i know i'm slacking but i think the locals would frown on me puttin a car seat on the back for my 2 year old.

she preferred the zzr anyway.:devil:

I baught a 97 Dr650 the first of july with only 1733 miles on it. The miles were all off road and the previouse owner was very large (guessing over 350lbs) a bad clutch was soon found the day after I baught it. I got it for 800 bucks though so even after the EBS clutch kit i still missed KBB price by about 300 bucks. I've owned a CBR600RR, Kawi Z1000, and R1 before this Dr and it might not have the suicide factore but it's still the funnest bike I've ridden. I turned it into a street only bike with street tires, sm fender, all the mods and sm tires. Still kept the 21' front wheel. I also painted it silver and black, even painted the plastics. It looks great. I've put over 5000 miles on it since I got it. Over 100 miles a day 4 days a week and a 200 miles labor day ride through the ozarks. I can't wait to see how long she goes. I ride pretty hard though so 145,000 probably wont happen.

I put at least 600 mi a week on my 650 bought it sept 2005 new, has almost 20,000 in a year of commuting to work. I know it's not adding up 600 miles a week x 4 = 2,400 a month x 12 = 28,800 miles a year. The reason being is that it has been in the shop for numerous warranty repairs (I posted another thread in regards to that)

This weekend I found a clean '01 with 3,075 miles on it and had to ask myself the same question. I'll do half that much by the end of next week! Glad to hear they can go to triple digits! I thought BMW had this distinction!

140,000n is impressive for any bike. You shoulda took a picture of the odo reading at 99,999 just to prove that it has turned over, would have been neat. I live in Wyoming where winter lasts about 13 months a year and so I barely get 10,000 miles a year on average and that is spread between 4 bikes. this year I bought my first dual sport and have only had it for 4 months and I've barely put 600 miles on it as I ride my cruiser most of the time. However with winter here I plan to ride the dual sport all winter except on heavy snow days if possible, but I'm not sure how well I'll do below zero.

My coldest ride was on my 2005 Honda VTX1300C I took a trip on it this last winter, only baout 35 miles, but it was 17 below zero, that was cold (no windshield or heated gear!)

Congrats on the high milage DR's Definately a good machine.

George

I just pulled my '03 DR650 into the garage, and the odometer reads exactly 9,000 miles. I have never had a major problem with it. (knock on wood) about half of those miles are pretty hard-core off-road miles.

I have done the Jesse suspension upgrade about 300 miles ago, which is priceless. Other than new tires every now and then and one new set of front brake pads, I haven't really done a lot of mechanical work on it. It doesn't seem to need it.

I love this bike!!

Just put another 80 miles on mine monday...tryin to get some last minute miles before Jack Frost strikes maryland!

94 dr250S with 26,500 miles - never been in the motor, valves staying put, oil changes every 1500-2000 miles with Rotella T6, owned the bike for 6 years bought it with about 10,000 miles on the clock, Suzi used to do lots of commuting- but it is just quicker and easier to drive the car - she was relegated to pure dirt bike duties with lower gearing and full on knobs and pretty much goes where all the KTM's go. then a month ago I pulled the trigger on a Honda CRF 450x - talk about different ends of the spectrum Suzi (tame as can be), CRF (fire breathing dragon) Sadly suzi just sits there with a lonely look on her face whispering you used to love me...