pastrana pole

gee travis sure is a dumbass, sssuzuki should hire me because im so real. i think travis only rides because he wants guys on the innernet to think he is COOL! well it didn't work on me you klowns, i see he only rides so he can get approving claps from innernet users. i ride out of commitment to big corporations- i love them! i am so real that a career ending injury would make suzuki sign me on to a lifetime contract. i am so real that i will do anything im told by roodger deKoster. no jumping off ramps? heil! no b-flippers? heil! no poon tang? heil!

my overwhelming commitment to big corps. carries over to wal mart and sams club and hyundai

do you support me to replace "poser trav" over at team heil deKoster?

Who is this clown? I'll only take one guess why your not sponsered your not good enough.. Who in the hell has the right to tell Travis what to do sure as hell not you. That's the only attention the yellow bike makers get is from what he does on a ramp not the track.. Susuki dumps him honda or yamaha would love to pick him up most versitle rider out there. Believe it or not alot of people watch him at the X games who do buy bikes.. Go back to wishing you were somebody else.

Coming from an employers stand point, why would you continue to employ someone that doesnt do what you hired him to do?

Madmike here is an analogy that you may understand, Ya get a hooker, ya take'r out back, and she just stands there, smiling at ya, she's nice, but she aint doin what ya want her to do. Do ya pay her? Bet not.

Travis is a very talented rider, but I can guarantee you they didnt hire him to ride freestyle once or twice a year. They hired him to race motocross. Huge difference. I dont have anything against Pastrana, he seems like a really nice kid, and a talented motorcycle rider, far better than anyone on this stupid board will ever be, that said, as an employee of a company with a duty to the company that pays his mortgage and feeds him, he is not fufilling his obligation to his employer. Hence, fire his happy A$$!

Originally posted by MadMikeRowan:

gee travis sure is a dumbass, sssuzuki should hire me because im so real. i think travis only rides because he wants guys on the innernet to think he is COOL! well it didn't work on me you klowns, i see he only rides so he can get approving claps from innernet users. i ride out of commitment to big corporations- i love them! i am so real that a career ending injury would make suzuki sign me on to a lifetime contract. i am so real that i will do anything im told by roodger deKoster. no jumping off ramps? heil! no b-flippers? heil! no poon tang? heil!

my overwhelming commitment to big corps. carries over to wal mart and sams club and hyundai

do you support me to replace "poser trav" over at team heil deKoster?

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Does anyone have that website handy that translates bohemian into english???

roodger deKoster who is that?

What a riot! Here's this idiot who has the nerve to label someone else as a "dumbass" and yet HE can't spell, punctuate, or capitalize his way out of a berm rut.

Yep, better stay clear of that "innernet" place. I hear it's got kooties.

Shawn Mc,

I agree and disagree with you. I have managed people with production goals for twenty plus years. This situation is a little different. Was Travis hired to win motocross or promote Suzuki? My opinion is he was probably hired to do both and can still perform at least part of his job. History has proven that he can do the other part, he just needs his head adjusted. Last but not least, why let him go and let him become someone elses weapon with a motivation to get back at you.

Just my opinion.

Jason

Racemile, I understand your sentiment, but I dont believe that Pastrana would become a weapon. His head doesnt need re-adjusment, his age needs to increase, and a little tough love, like a serious kick in the a$$ out the Suzuki back door might wake the boy up.

What I think the boy needs is to be put on some sort of suspension, sans pay, to prevent what your asserting, while maintaining a serious weapon in the stable for Suzuki. The corporation probably doesnt care that he's not racing on one end becaue the kid does get a ton of press, but, the marketing dept. may not be talkin to the folks that want race results, unlikely but possible.

The dumbest part of this whole thing, Kevin Windam can smoke the Pastrami boy, in practice, and then caves in the race. That is the largest waste of talent on the planet, in my view.

Maybe he rides for Suzuki becouse no one else offered him a job, with all the top players going to the top dawgs what is left second rate equipment for a kid that the top dawgs know is a problem child.

Hummmmmmmm

On second thought maybe its becouse he is a second rate player not capable "YET" of playing with the big boys

Double

Hummmmmmmmm

[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

No doubt, Travis is good for the sport and good for Suzuki. I think what he and all the other guys battling for second place need is a performance based contract. Better you finish , the more you make. Simple as that. Every one of these guys that get some unreal amount base salary ends up being a slacker. Remember Bradshaw??? His five year $450,000.00 base salary deal killed his career back in (?) '92-'93 (?). When Windham signed with Suzuki for $800,000.00 base for two years, he went from hero to zero overnight. But he gots a nice house and a pond that he and Travis can drive an old car over, and a barn , and some aeroplanes, and a tractor..... everything 'cept a cup of ambition.If the championship got you the Million dollar bonus, maybe some of the other guys would try as hard as Carmichael??? The world will probably never know. But we do know that the investment banker is a dumbass.

Motocross could be the perfect example of how giant salaries destroy a competive sport. I say that not too many sports show personal performamce gains or losses as quickly. I think Golf believe it or not is the best example of highly paid "athletes" that remain sharp, because if ya dont win, ya dont get paid. Problem: An AMA purse wont even buy tires. Until the big money starts coming from winnning races, instead of factories trying to sell bikes or, reputations, the over paid rider lazy rider is going to thrive. If the AMA could start putting up 300 or 400 G's in purse money, per event, and the teams pay the riders like they pay NASCAR drivers for the most part, a commission for the most part, the cream will start coming to the top again.

What do you think Windam would be like if somebody said, Hey, if you dont win this race, your house goes back to the bank, and unless she loves ya, really really loves ya, she's leavin too, Im betting Windam not only holeshots, he stays out front. Carmichael on the other hand wins out of spite and he's lookin to pack in as many RC's into the record books as possible.

Here is what I think the difference is. When RC show up at the track on race day he says to himself " I want to win this race by 4 minutes and lap everybody twice all the way up to second place" while most everybody else says, well I just want to get a top ten finish and build from there. And it shows in how they ride, RC and the rest of them.

"When RC show up at the track on race day he says to himself " I want to win this race by 4 minutes and lap everybody twice all the way up to second place" while most everybody else says, well I just want to get a top ten finish and build from there. And it shows in how they ride, RC and the rest of them."

Well put.