Can a stock CRF 150 or 230 Wheelie or not?

Hey TC,

Well, I would be the one to start this whole shenanagan, but the point was to have proof to a friend who said it couldn't be done. Almost 175 replies later I suppose it means her source was wrong :eek: (even if I can't personally wheelie that sucker on the flats. Of course, I'm not even trying these days).

Over 4,500 views proves that "enquiring minds wanna know" so I'm now just going to stop shaking my head that this thing continues on, and on, and on, and on (well.. you get the picture). I guess it's headed for the Thumpertalk book of records! :applause:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, it's a sad day when a post like this lingers. I'd check who posted it and call them names, but when I think about the question that was asked, I think, "If you tease him, he/she won't understand. He/she is uncapable of actual thought."

I got a better question that relates. "Why are my wheels round and not square? If I had square wheels, then I'd have 25% of my tire on the ground which would give me better traction! Does everyone agree?"

Now that's a better question than this wheelie question.

Already been done. Look at a bulldozer, it have ''square'' wheels. I saw an actual track on a dirt bike once. Yes, better traction.

Don't get me wrong, I got your point. :eek: Her question is not that supide though. :applause:

Hey TC,

Well, I would be the one to start this whole shenanagan, but the point was to have proof to a friend who said it couldn't be done. Almost 175 replies later I suppose it means her source was wrong :eek: (even if I can't personally wheelie that sucker on the flats. Of course, I'm not even trying these days).

Over 4,500 views proves that "enquiring minds wanna know" so I'm now just going to stop shaking my head that this thing continues on, and on, and on, and on (well.. you get the picture). I guess it's headed for the Thumpertalk book of records! :applause:

people continue to look to see all the dumb ass'es that post things like "how do you wheelie.....I give it gas but it goes no where...oh wait, I had the cluch in.....he he he"

yes it can wheelie, for the love of god, anything is possible if ya have the balls/ability to do it. if ya have to, go slow in 2nd......pull in cluch, slow down, get the motor to rev slightly and "pop"..."dump"..."release"....(not ease) the cluch out.

JUST ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR FOOT HOVERING OVE THE REAR BRAKE INCASE IT GOES OVER TOO FAR....ITS BETTER TO STALL IT THEN get STAPLES IN BACK OF UR HEAD.

people continue to look to see all the dumb ass'es that post things like "how do you wheelie.....I give it gas but it goes no where...oh wait, I had the cluch in.....he he he"

yes it can wheelie, for the love of god, anything is possible if ya have the balls/ability to do it. if ya have to, go slow in 2nd......pull in cluch, slow down, get the motor to rev slightly and "pop"..."dump"..."release"....(not ease) the cluch out.

JUST ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR FOOT HOVERING OVE THE REAR BRAKE INCASE IT GOES OVER TOO FAR....ITS BETTER TO STALL IT THEN get STAPLES IN BACK OF UR HEAD.

Wearing a helmet MIGHT prevent the staples in your head :applause:

I believe that any kind of bike can wheelie. You just have to have the right kind of rider on the bike. My brother can ride wheelies on his XR250R for about 200 yards. He rides wheelies on every bike he rides, so to answer your question, yes they can wheelie. :D

Yes

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Wheelie_0001

I've found it's easiest to wheelie by pushing down on the bars at about mid range rpms in 2nd. At the very bottom of your push, as in when the forks stop compressing and rght before they start to come back up, lay on the throttle and yank. I usually push down while standing but sit during the pull. Hope I helped.

i am SICK of seeing these "Can a 230 wheelie?" posts. If jesse james can wheelie an ambulance, fat old uncle bob can wheelie a 230. seriously its a 240 lb DIRTBIKE, not a 650 lb harley... ittl wheelie. think about it.

i am SICK of seeing these "Can a 230 wheelie?" posts.
Oh poor poor baby. He doesn't like when we post about wheelies...

Well too bad, crybaby ... you ain't got enough posts to complain about any thread!

Now go put your diapers on, get your blankey and go watch some cartoons.

Whaaaah!!! :D

:D