Drag Race: YZ450F (dirt bike) VS. FZ6 (street bike) Who will win?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back in 1976 I raced against a friends '74 Honda CB 750 with my '74 Kawasaki KX450. His jaw dropped :devil: when I blew him off the line and it took a while for his 750 to catch up with me. He was completely blown away and could not believe a 450 could do that to a 750. ? Course my 450 was a two smoker weighing in at 225 lbs and I think the Honda CB 750's weighed in around between 550 to 600 lbs.

I think you'll have him, but I'd recommend a slick on your 450, not a knobby.

Inline 4 street bike has NO torque to it.

I bet my 520 would hold with my 954 in 1/8th mile with dirt track slicks on the 520. The sport bikes just have no torque.

What would be BEST, is an old airport runway, where he could be on the asphalt, and you could be on the dirt right next to the runway!

When's the race? Be sure to post the results. If it were 1/16th of a mile I'd say the YZ for sure, but I think that 1/8 might allow the 600 to stretch its legs a bit.

Finally some guys with some since. lol

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing about the 1/8 mile. What Im going to do is measure the distance it takes my bike to reach top speed and let that be the finish line. ?

Thanks for the support! I will post the results and hopefully have some pics too. It will be a few weeks since he lives 600 miles from me, but we are seriously going to do it as soon as posible.

I'll do it for all the dirt bike guys out there and put those cocky street bike racers in their place! :devil:

Just make sure you gear it right..

Are you running knobbies or motard? :devil:

The FZ600 isn't much of a sportbike, I think you'll alteast give him a run for his money.

Fz1 on the otherhand.... ?

Im thinking of keeping the stock 48 tooth sproket on and launching out of 2nd gear. I have done this before and it seems faster than having to hold the front end down so much as when I take off in 1st gear.

Im just going to run the knobbie tire I have. I don't want to invest the money I'm going to win into a slick just for one race you know?

He said 04' so I'm assuming it's an R6. He'll get spanked hard in an 1/8th mile. The new sport bikes are very quick off the line and will have no problem roasting the tire and getting into the powerband quickly. The sport bike will probably only have to shift into 2nd to complete the run.

Post your results when you are finished. ?

Advice, pull your forks up as high as possible to lower the front of the bike to reduce wheelies. soften up the rear to minimize wheelspin and practice a lot before the run.

He said 04' so I'm assuming it's an R6. He'll get spanked hard in an 1/8th mile. The new sport bikes are very quick off the line and will have no problem roasting the tire and getting into the powerband quickly. The sport bike will probably only have to shift into 2nd to complete the run.

Post your results when you are finished. ?

Advice, pull your forks up as high as possible to lower the front of the bike to reduce wheelies. soften up the rear to minimize wheelspin and practice a lot before the run.

No, its a FZ6 not an R6.

Thanks for the great suspension advice, I didn't even think of messing with the suspension but it does make alot of since.

I will post the results (if I win) LOL

You clowns don't know what your talking about.

Clowns?? Now that ain't very nice. You asked who would win, I said the street bike. I have a wr450 I will admit the yammy 450 is a nutty motor, but I think the street bike might have a slight advantage in that it can stretch out while you are ripping through your gears.