Sign in to follow this  

Skid Plates

Sorry guys, and I'm sure it's been asked a million times.. but what's a good skidplate for the TE? I have a set of CRD radiator guards (which SAVED my radiator already) and I know they make frame guards and skid plates. Funny, their US website is hard to locate if they have one. Wondering what else is being used out there.

Thanks!

I have seen the rooster one and it looks awesome, it is not a scoop shovel like a lot of other ones out there! :thumbsup:

XXXR. Where did the radiator guards mount and did they cause interference/distortion with the plastic? Are they the stamped aluminum face plates or something else? I need them too

We (Rooster) will have a skid plate and rad guard avalible very shortly. I have tested them and they are in production.

TE450skid.jpg

RG-1.jpg

OMG! That skid plate looks bad ass, Rooster. I imagine I can find that off your website? :thumbsup:

I just grabbed some aluminium sheet of slightly heavier grade to the original and pretty much copied it but made it wider to cover the frame rails. Very simple stuff, cheap and doesnt look daggy or out of place.

Ride,

How come your website doesn't have Husky listed with the other bigs on the opening page?

Lee

CRD rad guards bolt up to an aluminum bracket that goes against the frame. SLIGHT louver mod, (like 1/4 inch cut) but that's about it. One thing I wish they had was front impact durability. I went down on a left hander, right on top of the berm, and nailed the radiator. The bracket saved my radiator for sure, but it still bent back pretty good. :thumbsup: Roosters Rad bracket looks as tough as nails, and may have better frontal impact protection. Never the less, the CRD looks cool and does the job fairly well.

I love to ride rock fields and wound want something more between the top and bottom sections of that skid plate. I see a big opening leaving the leading edge of the side cover wide open for a pointy rock.

Of course not everybody loves to ride in rocks like I do.

I love to ride rock fields and wound want something more between the top and bottom sections of that skid plate. I see a big opening leaving the leading edge of the side cover wide open for a pointy rock.

Of course not everybody loves to ride in rocks like I do.

I ride in a lot of rocks all the time. The skid plate has performed well. The pic makes it look much more exposed than it really is. I will shoot some shots from different angles Monday when I get back from the Washougal Nationals and post them for you. We designed it to protect but not be a snow shovel.

take care.

:thumbsup:

Ride,

How come your website doesn't have Husky listed with the other bigs on the opening page?

Lee

I don't want to post stuff until it is avalible. Just makes the customers mad.

CRD rad guards bolt up to an aluminum bracket that goes against the frame. SLIGHT louver mod, (like 1/4 inch cut) but that's about it. One thing I wish they had was front impact durability. I went down on a left hander, right on top of the berm, and nailed the radiator. The bracket saved my radiator for sure, but it still bent back pretty good. :devil: Roosters Rad bracket looks as tough as nails, and may have better frontal impact protection. Never the less, the CRD looks cool and does the job fairly well.

Our rad guards are super strong, require no mods and bolt up really nice. They have an embossed feature (rib) that make them very strong in side impacts and they run the entire length of the rad and all the way back. We did not design a support in the rear because it has been our experiance that ones with very little room like on the Husky can and will bend into the radiator and do more damage than good. We will be powder coating them the same nice graphite color as the skid plate.

OK, I think I have posted enough :thumbsup:

Taliesin racing has some very cool stuff. Check out the aluminum gas caps when you get a chance. Ben From Taliesin set me up with one.Fits much better than stock and looks bad ass!! Good people, that love the Huskys.

Ride,

Can you install the Rad louvers to your gaurds?

Also are you looking at that cool blue colour for the gaurds?