Sign in to follow this  

Dirtygirl in LA and Houston

My husband and I are coming to the mainland in October. We'll spend a few days in LA and then go to a scuba diving convention in Houston for a week. Anyone in these locations have suggestions for places for us to ride? The main problem is that we need to rent bikes. In LA we can rent from somewhere like mxrentals.com. So far haven't found anywhere to rent from in Houston. Any suggestions for tracks or riding areas where we won't feel too intimidated by better riders? We have never ridden on a "real" track before! Any day of the week or time of day when tracks are less crowded? Etc, etc. Also, any other activities in LA or Houston that we shouldn't miss? We are ready for a vacation!!! Living in Hawaii is so stressful and terrible. (yeah, right)

Go to knotts berry farm and both the disney land parks. All the major rideing areas are far away. So you will have to do a track.

I dont know what the hell your smokin mr NOS...theres TONS of riding areas in the LA/SanBernadino metro area. My two personal favorite...Check out the Glen Helen or Lake Elsinore tracks...both are just a little over an hour from the heart of LA and are a total blast...especially glen helen. I used to ride there nearly ever weekend when i lived in Aneheim Hills. They used to have MXrentals right there at the track so you didnt have to go far to get a bike...dont know if they do anymore or not. Lake elsinore is alot of fun too...but its sometimes way crowded.

Lake Elsinore Link

http://eteamz.active.com/elsinoremxpark/index.cfm?

Glen Helen Link

http://www.glenhelen.com/

Thanks guys! We have to drive 90 minutes to get to our riding place here on the island...so 30 minutes is nothing.

Go to knotts berry farm and both the disney land parks. All the major rideing areas are far away. So you will have to do a track.

This genius never gets out of Cali and thinks "LA" means "L.A.". She is talking about LOUISIANA Einstein!!!!

"CA" is not the "Chuca Albertos" it is a 2-letter abbreviation system that was adopted nationwide about 25 years ago. LA=Louisiana. Whoooo....Yeah, go see Knotts berry Farm right down the road from Houston. Jesus help me.

Yeah,she said LA and Houston.Lets see umm....I'm going to a state(LA) and a city (Houston-in a differnt state).If she said LA and TX i'd agree with you but i think Nos is right.Don't be so anal. :thumbsup:

Hey!

I get to participate in highly contentious review boards with NASA and JPL.....

This is how they might respond....

Dirtygirl,

Did you mean Louisiana or Los Angeles?

BTW, Mxrentals (mentioned in her post) is based in Orange County CA, so I believe that it I already know the answer...

'Seems LA fitness has done a great job of creating the ambiguity.

Also, give 2BB a break.. Oh that's right he already gave himself 2.... :thumbsup: But, I too have a broken fib/tib and am drugged, restless and therefore mistake prone... :devil:

RH

Hey Dirtygirl,

There are plenty of tracks within an hour of Houston. The most beginner friendly one is probably 290MX:

http://www.290mx.com/

You can ride 85 miles of trails at the Sam Houston National Forest (I was just out there on Saturday & brought home bruises but no bug bites)

http://www.southernregion.fs.fed.us/texas/recreation/orv_info_ang_dc_sab.shtml

The only place I see advertising dirtbikes for rent in the yellow pages is Apollo Scooters @ 713.807.0800.

If you've ever been here in October, you already know that the weather is usually nice. Anyone who is sensitive to heat or just a wimp should stay in the A/C or in California during July & August :thumbsup:

She is talking about LOUISIANA Einstein!!!!

OMG, The great 2bb was wrong.

She is talking about LOUISIANA Einstein!!!!

OMG, The great 2bb was wrong.

Maybe he is having a 'Senior Moment'.

I dont know what the hell your smokin mr NOS...theres TONS of riding areas in the LA/SanBernadino metro area. My two personal favorite...Check out the Glen Helen or Lake Elsinore tracks...both are just a little over an hour from the heart of LA

What time are you talking? about 3 am maybe! What are you smokin? :thumbsup:

Dirtygirl,

Send me a PM when your coming to town and we'll take you guys to some riding spots. We've got a nearby Nat'l forest and several nice tracks to choose from on the north side of town where we live. If you can't score bikes, I'm sure we can probably fix y'all up with rides too.

If you have half as much fun here as I do riding Harley's on the islands, you'll have a really great time!!!

See Ya,

Kelly

I could have sworn I saw that video sitting on a shelf someplace....

Dirtygirl in LA and Houston

:thumbsup::devil:

Uhh ohhh, I've been discovered.