ovrrdrive

TT125 Jetting and airbox - A visual guide

First is the smoke black or blue? Black will be too much fuel and blue is burning oil.

white blue so i guess its burnin oil and i need to run it off from tipping it over??? supposed to seel the bike tom so i guess i betta go ride

Just put in the new pilot and jet.

Was a pain to start so that should solve that issue.

Just left the card on the bike.

No need to take it off.

Thanks for the amazing tutorial.

white blue so i guess its burnin oil and i need to run it off from tipping it over??? supposed to seel the bike tom so i guess i betta go ride

It probably just got some oil in the top of the engine that's burning off. Check the crankcase to make sure it is still at the proper level and then just go ride it and burn it off.

Might not hurt to clean the air filter out and reoil it. If its soaked with motor oil it might smoke for a while.

Its where you put washers in between the end cap and the exhaust to let more air flow out. Not really sure it helps all that much.

Its where you put washers in between the end cap and the exhaust to let more air flow out. Not really sure it helps all that much.

i definantly makes it sound better and seems like it helps

Add me to the list of happy modifiers.

Used a 2" Forstner bit on the airbox top, since 2" test-caps are easily found in the PVC pipe section of Lowes/Home Despot.

Removed the screen in the airbox. Spaced the end-cap/spark arrestor with washers.

Swapped pilot jet for a 17.5. 110 main. Bike is in Phoenix, AZ, and is my pit-bike at racetracks throughout the west coast, from 4200' (NM) to 300' MSL (CA).

Bike starts much more easily, and pulls cleanly now.

Thanks to Those Who Have Gone Before.

im planning on doing these mods soon. my bike is completely stick and was just wondering if there are any other cheap mods i could do to help improve my bikes performance.

I'm trying to order the jets from TT using the link on the 1st post. Every one of them says "minimum order of 4". I don't need 4 of each size. Any ideas?

I'm trying to order the jets from TT using the link on the 1st post. Every one of them says "minimum order of 4". I don't need 4 of each size. Any ideas?

Give them a call or shoot them an email. I was able to get single jets for both my 125 and 426. They have great customer service. :thumbsup:

Where did the photos go? Also, the pdf link in the first post isn't working. I'm trying to do these mods today. Any help would be appreciated.

Never mind. They magically reappeared.

I just got a complete TTR-125 / BBR 150 Motor, BBR cradle, BBR triple trees and BBR exhaust for $500.00 shipped from a guy on E-Bay. My wifes TTR first gear is making a terrible clicking noise that does not sound good at all so instead of me buying the parts and spending a weekend or worse paying labor I just looked for a new motor and got lucky. I have a question though. Do I put the motor and cradle on together and then the exhaust? I have heard horror stories about getting the combo to fit properly. These came off a bike together, I just wanted some of you guys thoughts on this matter.

I just got a complete TTR-125 / BBR 150 Motor, BBR cradle, BBR triple trees and BBR exhaust for $500.00 shipped from a guy on E-Bay. My wifes TTR first gear is making a terrible clicking noise that does not sound good at all so instead of me buying the parts and spending a weekend or worse paying labor I just looked for a new motor and got lucky. I have a question though. Do I put the motor and cradle on together and then the exhaust? I have heard horror stories about getting the combo to fit properly. These came off a bike together, I just wanted some of you guys thoughts on this matter.

Yes, Install the exhaust last. There should be no fit issues with a BBR exhaust. Some have reported problems when installing the frame cradle and using a stock exhaust.

Where did the photos go? Also, the pdf link in the first post isn't working. I'm trying to do these mods today. Any help would be appreciated.

Never mind. They magically reappeared.

Sorry, I don't check in here very often anymore...

The pics are on a crappy server that goes down from time to time. You just caught them during a hiccup I guess.

Glad to see all is going well around here though. :thumbsup:

nice post. My cousin recently acquired an 2000 125L. We have not got the bike to start yet but we knew it already needed rings. Anyways, looking at the carb pictures, i noticed our carb does not have th eT-fitting on the right side of the carb. the brass fitting is there but not connected to anything. looks like the hose goes to the front and the rear hose just vents. any info on this? Thanks.

'Ovrrdrive' (or anyone else who'd care to offer your opinion/input),

A thread life of +4 years . . . and still going strong!!! You Da Man!!!

I read all 34 pages of this thread and then started the airbox mod on my TT-R 125L just last night! I'm also dropping a new BBR 'round' pipe on this evening and will do the appropriate jetting as well (feel free to offer a suggestion if you think I should deviate from the 110 / 17.5 combo which seems to be the 'target' - I'm in southern MN, 500 to 1000 ft above sea level).

Anyway, many posters have commented on their fear of getting moisture in the air box after removing the 'snorkel' and cutting a hole . . . I'm wondering, what about creating a 1/4 inch tall 'curb' of plastic which could be 'epoxy-ed' around the openings at a verticle (90 degree angle) to the top of the plastic? This would NOT keep a large emount of water our . . . but, might help in those non-submarine type instances where some water might simply get gently sprayed under the seat. Of course, this also wouldn't help the dirt/dust issues.

Care to offer your thoughts or imputs on this 'curb' idea?

HB

Amazing isn't it?

If you ride in water or do water crossings I think the curb is a great idea. Water hasn't been an issue for us at all though as we don't ride like that.

If you do it post up pics. :D

As for the jets, you should order a spread to save on shipping so you'll have what you need. 107.5, 110, 112.5 maina and a 17 and 20 pilot. I'd start with the proven 110/17.5 combo and see how it runs and go from there. As it starts to cool off you may find that isn't enough.

I just bought an 05 LE and ready to start tearing into her.I have read all the pages as well of the jetting changes.This thread going on as long as it has shows how good it must be so jets are on order as I type. I have pulled the snorkel and cut a hole beside the opening leaving a 1/4" shelf. I also made a plastic cover to sit on the shelf to cover the opening if the weather or riding area is a tad on the wet or MUDDY side. Props to the pics and write it was a huge help.

After coming back here to review your pics again today after opening up the carb to inspect and clean and document what jets it has in there now...

I just realized that I'm pretty sure the Main jet I pulled out looks more like one of those "Large Hex" ones!

Good grief. Anyhoo... I've alredy placed the order with TT store for the 17.5 Pilot and 110 main. (It has a 15 pilot and 105 main in it.)

Ugh... now I'm gonna have to go open her up again just to be sure.

Thanks soo much not only for the pictorial.. but also to the admins for making this a sticky.