how fast can you go on a DRZ 400s?

15/44 Ive hit 107 on a slight downhill on the freeway. Speedo reads 10% high per my GPS,

so my 107 is more like 96 and your 93 is more like 84-85. Now I seem to top out in the flats

around 98 but GPS reads about 90 @ the same time.

Look guys don't expect huge speeds out of a small 4 stroke single. Yes you can build a Suzuki to go a lot faster it will also be a handgrenade. I'm an exracer of moto, TT, flattrack, and roadrace. Trust me anything over 90mph by a 400 single is pretty darn good. I really don't understand why you need so much speed for are you flattracking this bike. For regular highway 75 should be plenty. If you need a lot more speed look into something more like a 4 cylinder and give this great trail machine a break. prairiedawg ?

Keep in mind the GPS is reading your horizontal speed only. You can only go by your GPS if your on a flat surface.

I touched 85 on my S (powertrain is 100% stock), it had more but I had to stop cuase the thing was starting to shake and I didn't feel comfortable. I took the weight things off on the bars and have some kind of 60/40 tire.

Look guys don't expect huge speeds out of a small 4 stroke single. Yes you can build a Suzuki to go a lot faster it will also be a handgrenade. I'm an exracer of moto, TT, flattrack, and roadrace. Trust me anything over 90mph by a 400 single is pretty darn good. I really don't understand why you need so much speed for are you flattracking this bike. For regular highway 75 should be plenty. If you need a lot more speed look into something more like a 4 cylinder and give this great trail machine a break. prairiedawg ?

I needed to make sure I was getting all out of my bike that I could. I just did the jetting and needed to be sure that I was not running to lean. I do race on a track that has pavement and dirt with my buddys, it kind looks like this O_____OO the straight stretch is paved (1/2 mile long) and the the loop and figure eight is dirt I am aiming to set my bike up for 90% dirt cos thats what I really like. But it's fun to know how fast you can go, not that I would take my bike to its limit all the time it's just nice to know how fast you can go. If its speed Im after then I would just take my street bike out for a rip.

Happy trails. :devil:

...Murray609

hey, as said , anything over 90 on this bike is silly for man and machine. so just to be silly,i must admit to laying down across the tank, down a long mountain side, the autobaun,i think, yes that`s it, anyway, one more vote for 103. ?

I let off at 100 mph (on stock speedo)2x's last week while still significantly acclerating and felt like i had a lot left on a slight incline. Laying down on tank with 30lb computer/office rolling briefcase on the back :devil: Just felt like i had to see what she could do but as usual chicked out at 100 ?

how fast can you go on a DRZ 400s? I got mine up to 93mph but thats all she hade, with the stock sprocket.

How fast have you guys gone on yours? Id liked to know if im running slow or not.

thanks.

The 30% Nitro helped a lot, but keep blowing head gaskets. The Turbo worked better (stock S intake cam worked the best) and had to change to 15/38 gearing. I have not tried the three stage Nitros yet ?:devil:

• 1 year later...

I hit about 103 with a 41 tooth sprocket on the back...I put the stock 44 tooth sprocket back on after I put dirt tires on the bike...I tried a smaller sprocket on the front, but it didnt feel right, the stock gearing is best all around...even off road.