Whoops

some whoops are meant to be doubled and some arent. If they are I hit them like doubles and try to see if i can triple them or anything like that. If I cant I ride through them and let the bike bounce through them and try to stay as loose as possible so I dont tense up and go over the bars

Yup. All depends on the whoops. If they're not like doubles, safest way and the best way IMO is to lean back and have your butt up and off the seat. Have your front arms sorta bent, not that much. Bend your knees a lot and grip the bike. Gas it and don't let off the gas. You want to be acelerating, if you decel of stay the asme speed, the front tire will go in a whoop and you will go over.

You basically just want the rear tire to skim on the top of the whoops.

Yup. All depends on the whoops. If they're not like doubles, safest way and the best way IMO is to lean back and have your butt up and off the seat. Have your front arms sorta bent, not that much. Bend your knees a lot and grip the bike. Gas it and don't let off the gas. You want to be acelerating, if you decel of stay the asme speed, the front tire will go in a whoop and you will go over.

You basically just want the rear tire to skim on the top of the whoops.

DONT GRIP THE BIKE WITH YOUR KNEES! You want the bike to just be able to float over the top of the whoops and if you are doing this your using to much energy and its alot easier to fall. And the farther you lean back and the less energy you waste doing that, HA! You want to be up over the middle of the bike, like a bull rider on a bull. Thats wherethe center of gravity is and its easiest to control the bike.

those whoops are very hard to double i tried but amlost went over the bars so i gave up and went slow over em. :devil: anywho i'd like em to be a bit closer i don't like hanging off the rear fender cuz i did that once and fell off but not on those whoops at another place ?

That looks like good dirt.

Rausch only has good dirt rarely (when they till it and it rains).

There is another track around here, Rocket, that is ALWAYS sweet. You can literally get on the gas as hard as you want (520 included!) and you get nothing but pure drive. Roost flys about 30 feet in back of you and it just RIPS.

Semics' tape on whoops is VERY helpful. One thing not mentioned in this thread so far, is make sure you're in a gear that's tall enough to keep pulling all the way through the entire whoop section. That let's the suspension work better and keeps the front from diving as you lose accelleration. I like to steady the bike w/my knees to keep the bike from swapping from side to side. I'm no pro, but I don't get passed in the whoops, no matter which class I'm riding with. Just something I've been able to do fairly well. Thank God!

I've also learned that getting up on the balls of the feet gives you more clearance, so the seat doesn't buck you off. I used to have tall seat foam on my bike, but took it off, just because I could charge the whoops better without it.

If you try these things, I know they'll help.

Good luck! ?