Sign in to follow this  

Dr. D Pipe Review

Rode today for the first time with the Dr. D pipe. WOW!! Zero RPM roll-on torque is at least as good as stock and it gets better from there. Mid-range is unbelievable and top-end is excellent as well. The bike pulled so hard I couldn't even get it to hit the rev-limiter. Fit and finish are excellent, my only minor gripe is I had to put a couple washers under both mounting points of the side panel so that it didn't contact the pipe at the back.

Great pipe for the 250F at about half the price of pipes that don't perform half as well.

For those few who don't know...Dr. D is owned and operated by Doug Dubach. Doug is a former Yamaha factory racer, and when he retired he resorted to his exhaust company (and while still racing the 4-Stroke Nationals). They make exhaust systems for all Japanese dirtbikes, but if you want the absolute best performance out of a Yamaha YZF, Dr. D is the way to go. He also helped design the motor for the YZ450F and YZ250F...i'm actually thinking about selling my Factory 4 for the Dr. D system after riding a 250F with it on it. You really do get better performance for half the price. Thanks for the review. 👍

-Doug

I was gonna wait til i had enough money to buy without my parents money, but got a nice friendly warning with the ranger, ranger starvo or stavro at hollister hills, seemed like he was busting everybody that day 👍. But does it have a USFS stamp on it?

I've read many great reviews and praises about the Dr. D pipe. I've thought about breaking down, trashing my stock exhaust and getting a Dr. D.

But does it have a USFS stamp on it?

Yes it does. He even offers a quiet core insert as well.

I just picked up a Dr. D as well and took it out yesterday. I was very impressed with it overall. It is a huge improvment over the stock pipe for sure. Mine also touches the side panel, but that is an easy fix.

I also picked up the quiet insert. It chokes the bike a little for obviouse reasons, but the rangers won't hear you comin!

the reason he knows so much about the yamahas is because besides his exhaust and 4 stroke parts buisness hes also yamahas test rider. some say he has the most seat time on a fourstroke then anyone else in the world

I love my DR D. Without a doubt the best pipe for any YZ. I will say this though, for any area that sound checks, you'll need the quiet core insert and then cross your fingers. I came in at 97db but they let that fly. It may have been that it was brand new. They told me to make a point to check the packing now and then.

I came in at 97db but they let that fly. It may have been that it was brand new. They told me to make a point to check the packing now and then.

That was 97db with the quiet core correct?

Also, how does the quiet core affect the power?

I've got one and like it but I've never seen another one like it. Mines really pretty thin, round , kinda like a 2 stroke silencer , only longer. It has a stinger which I don't like because of looks and they look dangerous for other riders. It came with its own header pipe. It's the "SS" ,step system . I've never seen another one at my races. The ones I've seen are oval, I think and have no stinger. Which one are you guys reviewing or do you have?

off topic but o well, my buddy has a small sponsorship with fmf. so to pass the noise test i was thinking about getting the Q with a sx powerbomb header and a camshaft from hot cams. how does this sound for power?

I was gonna wait til i had enough money to buy without my parents money, but got a nice friendly warning with the ranger, ranger starvo or stavro at hollister hills, seemed like he was busting everybody that day 👍. But does it have a USFS stamp on it?

Just curious, what do the rangers run around on? I would think that it would be pretty easy to ditch them if you're on a dirtbike and they are on anything else.

Rangers at hollister hills ride around on KTM Trail Bikes like the EXC's but they only enforce the rules by the camp's and mainroads, and well he noticed my pipe from fars away! it really wasnt that loud but when i was loading up he went to talk to us.

hey at least they're better than state troopers, those mfers will just take ur bike and laugh at you