Sign in to follow this  

Looking for any tips or advice on Mexico

I'm going to San Felipe to ride for the first time in a few weeks and was hoping to get any tips, advice, suggestions whatever on riding off road and traveling in Mexico. Thanks for the help in advance. Looking forward to breaking in my new crf250x. Should be awesome riding on the beach on the Gulf!!

lots of sand so take soft tires,

if you ride in the city watch the cops they are hungry obey they're rules (ex. helmet, full stops ect.)

awesome terrain watch the rocks hidden in the sand specially in the 250 course.

There are plenty of mechanics and tire shops if you need them.

have fun, let us know how it went, I cant wait to go down there.. :thumbsup:

Aside from the being safe, and staying out of trouble... Hydrate/hydrate/hydrate.. Even in a few weeks your going to be smoking hot?? Mid 90s and 60+ percent humidiy all through August... It will be hot even if you ride 1/2 way in the 90 degree gulf water with a snorkle...

I'll be down over Labor Day, riding around in shade of the bimini top on my Jeep/sucking down tons of liquids... Only brave enough to dart from shade spot to shade spot that time of year...

Man! It will be HOT if you are talking just a few weeks from now. I rode a little 4th of July weekend and it was warm. Be careful.

Tips on San Felipe...? Sand, sand and more sand! Bringing a paddle wouldn't be that bad.

After our last trip there we renamed it SAND FELIPE!

Paddle for San Felipe? LOL! That's a good one Doc! They're great in the rocks, the highway, and the mallecon!

See ya Friday in Big Bear!

:thumbsup:

:devil:

"All that sand made me hit the cactus!" - Dr. Thumper, San Felipe 2003

18drthumper.jpg