Sign in to follow this  

New Post for Meeting up w/ So Cal People to Ride

Third gear pinned is officially closed :cry: :cry:

Oooh, is that the name of the track near the parking area?? BUMMER, that was one of the best parts of going there! Trails AND track! :cry: How about the rest of it?

Keith, can't do it today either, delivering a load of palm trees to O'county. Name a day next week. Tim.

Bummer. Next Thursday-Saturday Knobbylips is comming down from the North. It looks like right now we're riding LW on Thursday and McCain/Pine Valley on Friday. Maybe a quick DS up Palomar on Saturday too :cry:

I'll probably still hit up LW around 3:30-4:00 if anybody is interested.

Keith, can't do it today either, delivering a load of palm trees to O'county. Name a day next week. Tim.

Bummer. Next Thursday-Saturday Knobbylips is comming down from the North. It looks like right now we're riding LW on Thursday and McCain/Pine Valley on Friday. Maybe a quick DS up Palomar on Saturday too :cry:

I'll probably still hit up LW around 3:30-4:00 if anybody is interested.

How is the DS ride to Palomar? How many miles and what type of riding? Count me in for Thurs LW though. Tim.

How is the DS ride to Palomar? How many miles and what type of riding?

When I did it a couple of weeks ago, I staged at the Park & Ride/Mobil/Nessy Burger off the 76. I took Nate Harrison Grade up the mountain-some washboarding and rocks in a few places, but a very easy road. When you get to the top, you have a couple of options. You can either take Palomar Divide Truck Trail down the mountain or take S. Grade Road all the way to the 79 (which is what I did). I've been told that the half mile stretch between N. Harrison and Palomar Divide TT is closed so actually getting to the trail down the mountain is questionable. Anyway, I took S. Grade Road to the 79 and gassed up in Warner Springs. It was 50 miles exactly. Continued on the 79 to Sunshine Summit where I took Palomar Divide TT all the way back up the mountain. This road was fun; in the middle of the mountain, the dirt turns to hard gravel with lots of bumps to wheelie off of. Makes me feel like a motard racer :cry: At the top, I took High Point TT back down the mountain to the 79 in Auanga. Some parts are sandy, but for the most part its a pretty fast ride down the mountain. I couldn't find the road the connects 79 to the 76 so I was forced to take the 79 all the way to the 15, then the 15 back to the 76. I hate riding in Fri. night traffic on a dirt bike. (killed my rear tire too :cry:) After looking at my GPS and maps, I think I found a way back.

This is overlooking Lake Henshaw:

Sep16166.jpg

Total was 107 miles :cry:

Nice Pic! Sounds like a great quick ride. I should see you on Thurs at LW and it looks like I can do an AM Palomar ride on Sat. Anyone else in??

hey y'all-

tuesday night will be my last internet access so i was hoping to collect contact numbers for when i get down there. e-mail 'em to me at gluhed@aol.com please.

see ya thursday!

tom

So whats the plan for the end of the week riding with Tom? I have to be at work at 8:00PM on Thursday (off Friday), so if we rode Lawrence Welk that day it would be better. Going to scout out some new stuff out there tomorrow :cry: McCain Valley or Corrol Canyon on Friday? Which one has harder stuff? Rob, there better be good riding-its 90 damn miles from my house :cry: :cry: I don't know if 2 days of riding is enough, but it looks like Tim (Going2Baja) and I are still on for the Palomar DS ride Saturday morning. :cry:

tuesday night will be my last internet access so i was hoping to collect contact numbers for when i get down there. e-mail 'em to me at gluhed@aol.com please

Check you PM's. I'm too lazy to email :cry:

Thurs ride at LW and Sat to Palomar are good for me. As for LW we can stage at my ranch in Vista and ride from there if you all want. It adds a few miles to the ride and it's all dirt. We also have restroom and kitchen facilities for before and after the ride. Otherwise I can meet you guys in the hills above LW at a set time. As for Palomar, let me know the time and place and I'm there. I'm recuiting a few other DS riders for Sat morning. Looking forward to getting some time on the cycle!

Tim.

How far is your ranch? The only one of us who isn't DS'ed is Josh (Biggity). I assume he'll come if he can get off work. He rides on the freeway without a plate so I'm sure a little road ride will be fine with him :cry: :cry: Is there a way from you Ranch to the Arco on Deer Springs? We usually start there and do various loops around.

As for Palomar, we could stage at the Mobil off the 76, or we could start in the Escondido area and take the fire roads through Ramona to the 76 and then up Palomar. :cry: 8:00AM meeting time sound good?

Last time I rode from ARCO at Deer Springs I remember a VERY large shoot at the end near the Arco, is it still there? As for my place it's about 7 minutes of single track riding from the West. All legal roads with some some hills and a couple jumps. Maybe a few hundred yards of pavement and a little ridding on Twin Oaks. The address is 632 Ora Avo Dr off of Buena Creek. Take a look at this map. Camino Mayor is where I enter the LW riding area but there are back hills trails the entire way. A nice warm up ride. Let me know, no worries either way.

Tim.

Keith, I might be down for Thursday. I'm pretty sore and hurting today. Right knee is one huge bruise on the inside. Nice color array though. :cry: :cry: Poor Rob. His truck died all the way up at Bonita Meadows (8,700 ft elevation) so he is going back today to go trailer it back down the mountain. He's going to be driving for about 12 hours today. His truck couldn't have broken down in a worse place. He rode back in my truck and I have his bike so when he gets back today or tomorrow I'll see if he wants to go so he can get his bike back. I'll keep you guys posted. BTW I culdn't make it there Thursday till 5:00 so is that even going to leave enough time to ride? When is it getting dark now?

The ravine near Arco is passable. Its not as hard as it looks. Last week when I rode it the rut was getting even bigger. :cry: Maybe I'll check it out today :cry: I'm down to meet at your house. Any opportunity to add more riding distance is well taken. We'll see is Rob (Weeeeee) is able to make it. Knobbylips should be comming... As for it getting dark Josh, I think its around 6:30 now. Did you get that headlight working?

His truck died all the way up at Bonita Meadows (8,700 ft elevation) so he is going back today to go trailer it back down the mountain. He's going to be driving for about 12 hours today. His truck couldn't have broken down in a worse place. He rode back in my truck and I have his bike so when he gets back today or tomorrow I'll see if he wants to go so he can get his bike back. I'll keep you guys posted. BTW I culdn't make it there Thursday till 5:00 so is that even going to leave enough time to ride?

Hope you guys had a good time without me :cry: Oh man, poor Rob. What happened to his truck? No bike problems? How many people ended up going? Glad to hear everyone made it back in one piece.

Yeah got the headlight working. Unfortunately it aims up towards the stars. Need to fudge with it and see if I can get it adjusted.

No clue what happened to his truck. It would crank and crank but it wouldn't turn over. :cry:

Awesome riding though. Tons of tight, twisty, tree threading single track trails. :cry: Beautiful views. :cry: We took a couple of pics so I'll see if I can find a way to post them. Got down to about 30 degrees at night. Froze my a*s off :cry: :cry:

howdy fellers-

just in case i get too caught up in the moment and forget later i want to thank you all in advance for letting me hang with you and ride your spots. that is really cool!

i am staying right by sea world and i think rob lives near there, so i'll offer up any help i can getting his truck running and/or transporting him and his bike to tim's joint on thursday. what time is good? how long do you think i should plan on being on the road from sea world to tims? thanx tim for the staging location- sounds like you live in a great spot!

anybody need anything picked up between here and there?

see ya soon-

tommo

No worries Tommo. I'll send you a PM with all the info and PH#'s.

To all of you riding on Thurs - please email me at sunhillpalms@adelphia.net and I'll send directions to my place. Bring what ever you want to eat and drink as we can place in fridge while we're gone. If anyone is interested in doing a little BBQ after I can check with my wife about an extended hall pass. Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a fun ride.

BTW - What time does everyone want to meet?

Tim.

I think I might be back in Kennedy Meadows Thursday :cry: :cry: :cry:. If not, I will definately be there. Hopefully I will at least have my bike back by then. It is at Josh's house right now. What a week.