Sign in to follow this  

New Post for Meeting up w/ So Cal People to Ride

Is it very crowded? I could go during the week. Or the weekend, whatever. Someone pick a date.

I'll get some pics up here within the next couple of hours. I only got the 3 of you going down that one hill and that was it. Too much fun to take any more pictures. It was fun riding home in the dirt with a flickering low beam too :thumbsup:

I really want to get a big group ride to either Big Bear or Kennedy Meadows or somewhere with lots of trees, lakes, rivers etc..etc.. Need a change of pace from all the dusty desert trails. I figure we have another month or two before the desert season starts so a high elevation forest ride would be perfect around this time of year. Might catch the changing of the colors. Anyone else up for a trip like this in the next 2-3 weeks?

Lets do it. Sound like fun.

Oh yeah, I just was riding out there and came back the ravine towards Arco like you did Josh. Made it up almost all the way on the first try till I got sideways and rode straight up that little wall before the rut. Bike went flying up and landed on the flat ground, and I rolled down the soft stuff, but didn't have to start from a stop in the ravine. I consider that making it even though I crashed :devil:

I would definately consider that a victory! :lol::D:awww:

Lucky that bike didn't flip anymore forward and down into the gulch. How bad would that have been? :lol::D

I would definately consider that a victory!

Lucky that bike didn't flip anymore forward and down into the gulch. How bad would that have been?

Yeah, too bad it didn't. Then I could get a new 650 :thumbsup::devil:

Wanna ride Wednesday or Friday?

I'm down for Wed. I thought you had to work Wed's though?

BTW, you guys would have loved rowher. Good time. LLLLLOOONNNGGGG climbs. Some were seriously probably a mile long. My arms were dying! Nothing near as rutted out as Deer Springs though. The rocks at rowher were big rocks that were deep in the ground so it was kind of tricky but you really didn't have to worry about the rocks shooting out from underneath you like the cantalope/watermelon sized loose ones at Deer Springs. There was one area of sweet singletrack that was a blast. Straight uphill on your right and a huge drop on the left. Good Times.

Let me know what time you could go Wed....

I'm off on those days so I don't care about a time. I can ride anyday in the morning though.

Oh [@#$%&*!], my ball and chain just yanked my priveleges. It's our 2 year anniversary ( I totally spaced on this :thumbsup::devil:) so if I ever want to get another BJ in my life I better stay home. Can't go Wed. How about Friday?

Friday sounds good. I am going camping up an San Elijo Tuesday and Wendsday. Any time on Friday is good with me.

I'm down for Friday also. I'm really trying to figure out a way to do a half day so we ride a little earlier. I'd be down to check out a new place or somewhere else. Rob & Keith what would you think about maybe checking out that place in Perris? Rob you and I went there with Gregheally that one time. Seemed like a lot of miles of trails to go tear up. It's all based off whether I can get a half day also. If not were stuck at Deer Springs...

I am up for anything. I have a job i need to finish in Oceanside on Friday morning. I can just load my bike up and leave from there.

It is the place with the lake. It was a pretty cool spot.

Shhyyat, now I've got some pressure! I'm excited to go try that place again though rob. If I decide to bring my sack I might go for that hill that Greg Heally did last time. No promises! But I might try it. MIGHT being the key word! Well today is my 2 year anniversary so maybe I'll tell the boss that my lady booked us some box seats for the Del Mar racetrack on Friday so I have to leave after lunch. I'll drop the word today to my boss and see what luck I have. I'll keep you guys posted. :thumbsup:

Any directions to this place?

Josh, you better get that half day now :thumbsup:

Keith on page 6 or 7 of the Southwest forum there is a post that says this " Trail riding near Lake Elsinore ( Pages 1 2 all ) gregghealy 542 26" There is a map on there to the location we are talking about.

I gotta watch this forum more often...

I can be out there later in the afternoon Friday, unless I get fired tomorrow, then I can be there earlier.

Cool. :thumbsup:

O.K. we are good to go. I got it all worked out w/ the boss. Got the half day approval! So do we all want to meet at the burger place again or do we want to meet where we parked before? I can be there by 1:30. Let me know what's up guys. :thumbsup:

Greg if you can make it later let us know what time and we'll just cruise back to the trucks to meet you. :devil:

I may be up for a friday afternoon ride depending on what is going on w/ work. What type of terrain is this place near Elsinore? Which bike would be the best, my CR250 or XR650?

BIGGITY, I met you at Carlsbad raceway about a month ago, you let me ride your 650 (really fast bike). I had a 650 and was driving and old Ford truck. My name is Dave, I was wondering what happened to you on TT but now see that you changed your sign-in name. Anyhow, hopefully I can make it friday.