Sign in to follow this  

New Post for Meeting up w/ So Cal People to Ride

Looks like I am working tomorrow, gotta go to TJ, I have a customer with a machine down. May be next time. Have fun.

Great riding with all you guys (Greg where were you?). Had a lot of fun, for a place so close. We'll have to do this again. For those wondering, this place has a mix of it all. There are jumps, nasty hill climbs (don't know how I didn't crash both those times on that one hill), long deep whoop sections, rocks, sand, water!!, and some single track where you can find it. Definately a place to check out. Here are the pics.

A common sight today for us all:

Sep03148.jpg

5th time's the charm: :lol:

Sep03152.jpg

This hill is really this vertical (and easy compared to some of the others): :awww:

Sep03149.jpg

Me:

Sep03157.jpg

LiquidThumper:

Sep03155.jpg

This was one of two water crossing that we found. It was hard to get speed up because of the deep sand.

Sep03153.jpg

DangerousGround comming through: :thumbsup:

Sep03147.jpg

Me on Josh's bike: (Damn camera :devil:)

Sep03154.jpg

Josh:

Sep03158.jpg

Awesome picture (even though it'll give you a headache) of Liquid Thumper. This guy doesn't slow down for anything :D

Sep03159.jpg

That's it for now. Lets do it again real soon.

BTW, here are the 3 pics from last time at Deer Springs:

Aug26145.jpg

Aug26144.jpg

Aug26143.jpg

Really wished I coulda made it. Ended up leaving the house a bit late and the traffic was so bad I just screw it and went home. :thumbsup:

SORRY!!!! As it turned out I, unfortunately, didnt get fired and had to STAY AT THE OFFICE OFFICE UNTIL 7:00pm to get the boss out of hot water with a HOT last minute project...as usual!

Wish I could have made it, looks like that was an awesome ride. What fun! That place looks great in the pictures! My wife and I and a few friends are going out there Sunday AM.

2 water crossings!!! Where is the other one at?

2 water crossings!!! Where is the other one at?

There is this penninsula thing that juts out into the lake. You start out down a hill on the penninsula and cross to the mainland. It looked pretty deep, but Liquid went through it.

Anyone up for a ride on Monday?

Ill have to look for that one, I have no problem getting wet and the DRZ seems to be part boat too. :thumbsup:

I can go Monday for sure, assuming I make it back OK from tomorrows ride. Riding with the wife is just this side of boring though...

I did just hear (from somebody that knows sombody at the city council) that they may be cracking down over there sometime soon due to the power lines/towers in the area. That would suck. Enjoy while we can.

Looks like you guys had a good time. I'm breaking in a new '05 drz400s and looking to do some dual sport and trail riding once I get the deathwings off next week. If anyone in/near OC is looking for a slow but reliable riding buddy please let me know. :thumbsup:

I jacked up my wrist again pretty good (loading the bike on the trailer when we were leaving in a hurry), I aint gonna make it Monday after all. I need to take a month off from riding to let this heal right before the cooler season starts...

There was tons of people out there Sunday. There must have been 50 people camping back by the lake alone!

I think I saw the HUGE hill you guys were talking about.

One of our friends riding a quad was coming down one of the main trails in fifth gear hard, hit a rut wrong and went end-over-end. HUGE CRASH!!! Looked like he broke his arm and really got banged up. He bent the bars, subframe and litteraly destroyed the quad, it looked like the whole frame was twisted to me. He's bummin. He got back to the trucks and we packed up and they took him off to the emergency room. OUCH!

Not a good day. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a bad day Gregg. I hope your friend is OK. You should have went with us. I had a blast.

I have my radiator off right now, trying to get some guards on. I would be up for Deer Springs Road this week. Or maybe a dual sport ride if you want Keith. Let me know.

Greg, hopefully you and your friend will have a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

Rob, i'm off on Thursday and Friday if you can do something. We could try the Nate Harrison run up Palomar, or that Morena area that you were showing me. If you want something quick and easy, we can start at Deer Springs, cut across Twin Oaks Valley road, and eventually end up on the backside of Vista all via dirt. Then just loop around to Deer Springs again through Bonsall. I did that with a guy on ADVrider.com a couple weeks ago, I don't think it was legal though :devil: Hopefully I'll get some maps of the Clevland National Forest this week.

BTW, I'm still planning on going out to "A" street tomorrow if anybody is interested (Where's Josh been? :awww:). Probably get there around 11:30 or 12:00 and ride for a while.

--Keith

Keith, I STILL haven't hooked up my comp at home yet so I can only check TT on the weekdays from work.

I'm going to have to pass on riding today. I still need to go pick up a new brake lever and do some work on the bike. I might be down for thursday or friday so let me know whether you and Weee are going to go DS'ing or if you want to hit the trails.

BTW is there anyway you could take liquidthumpers pics off the pic forum and post them on here like you did w/ your pics? I can't see the ones he posted. :thumbsup:

I'm still hurting from that last ride. My wrists have been sore from all those whoops I think. I swear after every ride I hurt for 3-4 days. Man am I out of shape! :devil:

Good riding w/ you all though. :awww:

hey there-

i'm a norcal guy going to be in san diego oct 6-12 and i wanna ride with you guys!

tom

When you get close to coming down PM us and we'll see if we can hook up. Getting close to desert season round the time your goign to be here. Catch you later... :thumbsup:

:devil::awww::lol: BTW thanks Keith for not labeling me as the jack*ss who was crashed on all those pics! :thumbsup: You da man! :D:lol: I've got to say pictures do NOT give justice to how challenging/steep those hills were.

The Deer Springs pics were cool though. You could totally see the steepness and the terrain in those pics. That was a accurate portrail of riding there. Ruts, rocks etc...