Sign in to follow this  

New Post for Meeting up w/ So Cal People to Ride

Those were some pretty good pictures. I liked the one of the lake. You could really see how many trails there are out there. It really is hard to tell how steep the hills are from the pictures. I told my wife about the KTM we couldn't get ten feet up the hill with three of us. Thats pretty steep.

So do you guys want to try Deer Springs on Friday? My daughter started school and I need to pick her up on Thursday afternoon, so I can't ride then.

I'm down for Friday. I won't be able to make it there till 5:00 though. Will that work for you guys?

Well, I went out there yesterday at rode 45.99 miles. Would have been more, but I was comming down one of the steep hills where we lost Josh :devil:, hit a big rock wrong with some speed with the front wheel and washed out. Next thing I know, I'm lying on my back down the hill with the bike on top of me, and my left foot turned the opposite way it should be. My boot was caught on the frame guard, so I had to slide down the hill with the bike on my leg until I could get free. I don't think anything is broken, but I can barely walk, and my whole leg is brusied like hell. Lukily I was able to limp back to my truck and make it home(driving a stick sucks lol). Hopefully I'll only be out for a week or so (gives me time to plan a killer ds run, right Rob!)

Other than that, it was an awesome day to ride. Lots of people out there and the weather was perfect. I also found a nice little 3rd gear beginner jump for my heavy ass bike.

Liquid, cool pictures. Now I have a new background!

BTW is there anyway you could take liquidthumpers pics off the pic forum and post them on here like you did w/ your pics? I can't see the ones he posted.

Josh, if you still can't see them, PM me, and I'll host the pictures so you can see them.

BTW, if I'm better by Wednesday or Thursday, I want to ride on Friday(just have to take it easy). :thumbsup:

Keith, I don't know what you did but I can see the pics now. Gracias! That lake picture with all the trails is pretty cool.

I'm down to ride Friday so if anyone else is let me know.

Glad to here that you didn't get hurt too bad. See what happens when we aren't there to slow you down :thumbsup:. Figure out some kind of dual sport ride and we will try it when your leg is better.

I'll plan on Deer Springs on Friday Josh. You said 5:00?

I'm down for 5:00 on Friday. Might just be the 2 of us Rob unless someone else jumps on board.

Glad to hear your o.k. Keith. Like Rob said you need to hang w/ us slow riders to keep you out of trouble! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear your o.k. Keith. Like Rob said you need to hang w/ us slow riders to keep you out of trouble!

Yes, you guys keep me in check. :thumbsup:

I really want to ride Friday. We'll see though - the leg is already feeling better :devil::awww:

BTW, I found some pics of a Jeep run out by Lawrence Welk. Here's a pic of the hill that I still need to make up :lol:

169992538OQyaJb_ph.jpg

your pic just shows a red x keith. Don't know if it's my comp or your pic. FYI

your pic just shows a red x keith. Don't know if it's my comp or your pic. FYI

169992538OQyaJb_ph.jpg

:thumbsup:

I'm down for 5:00 on Friday. Might just be the 2 of us Rob unless someone else jumps on board.

Glad to hear your o.k. Keith. Like Rob said you need to hang w/ us slow riders to keep you out of trouble! :devil:

I'll keep an eye on this thread, if you guys ride on a weekend anytime I'd love to join you! :thumbsup:

OK guys, I just HAVE to know where this is!!!! I live in Temecula. Help me out. Is this legal? This looks really cool!

I don't think I can do Friday. Do you ever go weekends? Does it get crowded?

Let me know the next time, please.

DJ, are you going?

Rob looks as though liquid thumper might be interested in going Friday also. But for now it's just you and me. We still down for Friday? If so I have to go get that brake lever today. Let me know...

btw, L2F and Christi we ride on the weekends also. Since your in Temecula your right inbetween both the places we have been riding recently. I'm going to be going to the Glen Helen Nationals this weekend but next weekend we should all definately hook up for a ride. :thumbsup::devil:

I'll definately be there tomorrow. It would be great if Liquid or anyone else wanted to go too. Its a pretty fun spot, and it is so close. Get that new lever on there and I will see you tomorrow.

Yeah Mike that's where were riding. Parking near the Arco station and riding right over the hill there. :thumbsup:

OK guys, I just HAVE to know where this is!!!! I live in Temecula. Help me out. Is this legal? This looks really cool!

I don't think I can do Friday. Do you ever go weekends? Does it get crowded?

Let me know the next time, please.

DJ, are you going?

Christi, here are the directions they posted to Deer Creek earlier in the thread...

Directions: 15 N to Deer Springs rd (apprx 5-6 miles past the 78). Turn left (west) go across bridge and turn right at 2nd stoplight. Turn immediatley right again into carpool parking lot.

Then there is a map to the "A street" place in Elsinor they're talking about, and I think where the pics were taken, if you scroll through the posts...

I'd like to join 'em weekend after next (after the races!) if some people get together early sat or sun... it'll give me a chance to 'warm up' the shoulder this weekend before riding with a group! And I need to get some ride time in before Gorman on the 24th!

:thumbsup:

I'll have to take it easy though :thumbsup:

Glad to hear your feeling better. We'll try and be easy on you. :devil:

So your saying you want to charge it huh? :thumbsup::devil:

HAHA!!! for once I might not be the slowest rider!!!! :awww::lol: