Sign in to follow this  

New Post for Meeting up w/ So Cal People to Ride

Well Guys and Gals, had a few to many beers last night (again) and now my bike is in pieces in my garage. :awww::lol: (Hey atleast I didn't get spray paint happy again!!! :D:lol:) I'm hoping I'm going to be able to get it all back together by Sat. There is literally bolts, nuts, washers everywhere. I'm going to take a 1/2 day here at work today so I can start putting it back together. I'll keep you posted to how the re-build goes and if I'll be able to make it Sat. :thumbsup::devil:

Well Guys and Gals, had a few to many beers last night (again) and now my bike is in pieces in my garage. :lol::D (Hey atleast I didn't get spray paint happy again!!! :lol::D) I'm hoping I'm going to be able to get it all back together by Sat. There is literally bolts, nuts, washers everywhere. I'm going to take a 1/2 day here at work today so I can start putting it back together. I'll keep you posted to how the re-build goes and if I'll be able to make it Sat. :thumbsup::awww:

"Have you been drinking, son? Put down the screwdriver & step AWAY from the garage!" :D

Get it together, man! I need competition for last place! :devil:

Well Guys and Gals, had a few to many beers last night (again) and now my bike is in pieces in my garage. :lol::D (Hey atleast I didn't get spray paint happy again!!! :lol::D) I'm hoping I'm going to be able to get it all back together by Sat. There is literally bolts, nuts, washers everywhere. I'm going to take a 1/2 day here at work today so I can start putting it back together. I'll keep you posted to how the re-build goes and if I'll be able to make it Sat. :thumbsup::awww:

"Have you been drinking, son? Put down the screwdriver & step AWAY from the garage!" :D

Get it together, man! I need competition for last place! :devil:

Feel free to come on over and put it back together! :snore:

I've never worked on a bike in my life before I got this 2 months ago. I have no clue what I'm doing.

Just picture this..

Honda manual in one hand and a wrench in the other and a beer on the seat w/ a really stupid lost look on my face... hold that pose for two minutes.. take another pull off the bottle... look lost for a few more minutes... take another pull off the beer. look around the garage and seeing all sorts of parts everywhere... take another pull of the beer... say f-it. close the garage and off to the fridge for another cold beer. :awww::lol:

I haven't seen the garage since last night and I'm not looking forward to seeing it today. Going to be ugly!

A couple of Questions regarding Lawrence Welk Ride:

Will too big a group attract some unwanted attention? :thumbsup:

Would we have to go through any posted NO TRESSPASSING areas?

and on a side note: The Vista area has been a bust for many years now. Last year there were cops looking for dirtbikers to give tickets to. They get you on the trailheads leading in and out.

Biggety, you need more bikes! :devil:

and on a side note: The Vista area has been a bust for many years now. Last year there were cops looking for dirtbikers to give tickets to. They get you on the trailheads leading in and out.

Christi, nah I don't think you have to worry about getting busted. We rarely see anyone up there. And if we do it's other people on bikes or quads. Haven't seen any no trespassing signs either. Show up. It will be a good time. :awww:

That's beauty of this area, once your on top, no one even knows your there. I need to come do the tour of LW with with everyone, My bike is more pieces than anyones right now.

Christi20

Are you selling any of the 20 bikes you own?

Will too big a group attract some unwanted attention? :awww:

Biggety, you need more bikes! :thumbsup:

That's beauty of this area, once your on top, no one even knows your there. I need to come do the tour of LW with with everyone, My bike is more pieces than anyones right now.

Christi20

Are you selling any of the 20 bikes you own?

Sounds good. I think you all may have talked me into it!

And yes, I will be selling my CRF250 soon. Are you interested? :devil:

Anyone mind if a NOOB joins in? Not this weekend, though.

(I'm from LA area, but this would be a good excuse to go visit friends down in Oceanside/S.D.

Been riding no the street for too long, just getting back into dirt :thumbsup:

No worries about tresspassing or police. This area is pretty secluded, with no one nearby to bother. I've only seen other people 3 times I've been out there :thumbsup:(I try to go every week). Looking forward to riding with some new people, just not waking up at the crack of dawn :awww:

Make sure you run a decent amount of tire pressure-its really rocky in some places.

BTW, Rob, I did that Palomar route today. 107.71 miles in a little over 3 hours. Probably 40% was dirt, the rest highway/twisites. The only thing that sucked was I had to take I15 from Temecula to the 76 because I couldn't figure out how to get back. Now its really time for some new tires :devil:

Well of course not. Everyone loves a NOOB. It makes them look all the better. JUST KIDDING! :cry: Just let us know when you want to come down. It looks like most of us on this post ride every weekend. :cry:

Anyone in here racing the 24hr at Glen Helen next weekend?

I'll be there on the "7 time winner of Baja XR650". Not my normal bike, but It's always fun to MX a 300lb bike for 24hrs.lol

Anyway, if your not racing, go spectate-the night life is killer and watching people haul A$$ at midnight through a creek bed.

Errr... Things are not looking good for me to make it tomorrow. I'm going to head home early again today to see if I can finish things up but not sure. So if I see you guys there then so be it. So don't wait up for me once you are all ready to go. Hope to see you all there and if not have a good time! :cry:

You better get that bike fixed Josh. Were going to need crash entertainment out there :cry: Maybe you need to be drunk to put the bike back together. After all some of your best work comes when your drunk. Just look at your awesome paint job :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You better get that bike fixed Josh. Were going to need crash entertainment out there :cry: Maybe you need to be drunk to put the bike back together. After all some of your best work comes when your drunk. Just look at your awesome paint job :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That's part of the issues I have right now. I've put over 10 hours of sanding into the plastics. Looking brand spanking new right now. Not even a scratch on them now and they were BEAT before. But I can't paint them because they won't dry before tomorrow. I think I'm just going to not paint them and come ride tomorrow (if I get all the important things back on there like my decomp cable, lever, brake lever, calipers, brake pads, wheels etc..etc..). If I go down and jack up the plastics again I'm going to be bent! We'll see. Hopefully I'll make it...

WHOOOO-HA! Thanks for showing us the trails, guys (and Keith, thanks for helping me get my bike turned around on that narley sandy hill... :cry:) It was AWESOME, I can't believe that much riding is right here in my back yard, just about! SHWEET! :cry: I'll go back there any time any of you are looking for riding buddies!

Now time to dose up on ibuprofen (my poor little atrophied right shoulder muscles are SCREAMING right now!) and drink BEER!

:cry:

Great riding as always. It was fun riding with Christi and DJ(we get bored riding with Josh because he falls every couple minutes :cry: :cry: :lol:) The freeway trail was alot of fun. Everyone did good and didn't crash :cry: Nothing like Rob roosting sand 5 feet in the air on the side of the freeway as that cop passed (whats with our luck and cops? :lol:) That 250F was screaming all the way up I15 :lol:

I think its time to invest in a bike with an electric start. No joke, it took the 3 of us guys 45 minutes to push my bike less than 50 feet up a steep hill. I couldn't get my bike started at that moment if my life depended on it. :cry: We rotated trying to kick it over so we would get tired (yeah right!) :lol: Damn bike :lol:

Anyway, we'll have to do it again soon. Anybody up for "A" street next Friday or Saturday?

BTW, no problem helping you DJ on that hill. You saw what happens if you try to go down it. :lol::cry::lol:

Come on, enough about the ride, what we want to know is...

Did BIGGITY drink enough beer in time to get his bike back together? :cry: