Sign in to follow this  

New Post for Meeting up w/ So Cal People to Ride

O.K. here is the new post for meeting up w/ fellow TT'ers to ride.... I'll start it off..

Anyone want to meet up on Thursday to go ride? I was thinking maybe the Deer Springs Rd trails again but if anyone else has a idea let me know...

Btw on my jouneys yesterday out there I found a few more trails that were a bit more challenging. Rocks and all that kind of fun stuff. Good Stuff!

A few of us will be at Deer Springs Road at 5:15 this afternoon (Thrusday). Im in a white ranger on a DRZ.

Are you guys talking about Dear Springs Road off the 15?

Where exactly, and what kind of riding?

Mileage?

Loop or out-and-back?

I have never been there, but from what I was told there is a parking lot by the AM/PM and the trails are right there.

Ill know for sure later this afternoon. Im going to pull up a map right now. Its just north of the 78 off the 15.

I have never been there, but from what I was told there is a parking lot by the AM/PM and the trails are right there.

Ill know for sure later this afternoon. Im going to pull up a map right now. Its just north of the 78 off the 15.

It's mostly fireroads and trails that are 1 1/2 to 2 times as wide as the bike. Some hill climbs. Some rutted areas. Some rocks. Just a lot of trails that go all over the place and we go around and check out all the sights and places to challenge oursleves on hills. If your a beginner (like me) you'll do fine. Plus were going to have atleast 3-4 guys there so we'll be able to pull you out of anything if you need help. (No greg this was not aimed at you. I've seen you take hills that I pass on :awww:) :thumbsup::devil:

Look at the thread that will never die! for all the info and pictures. There are some places that are straight rocks with deep ruts. No jumps or anything past 3rd gear stuff, but fun challenging trails. Mileage is about 10-30 depending on where we go.

-Keith

Hey Keith are you bringing your camera or should I bring mine? BTW I guess I should tell you that I don't have any clue how to post pics. My comp at home isn't even set up but I can always give you the mem card and then I can get it back from you the next time we hook up to ride. Let me know...

I'll bring mine again. Its up to you if you want to bring yours. Just got all my lights working again on the bike so I can ride home when we leave. :thumbsup:

Are you guys talking about Dear Springs Road off the 15?

Where exactly, and what kind of riding?

Mileage?

Loop or out-and-back?

Directions: 15 N to Deer Springs rd (apprx 5-6 miles past the 78). Turn left (west) go across bridge and turn right at 2nd stoplight. Turn immediatley right again into carpool parking lot. There will be a white ranger, a black T100 and some green/blue truck that I can't remember the make or model that Weeee drives. FYI

kind of but not really. From where we park yu have to go about 1 block on the street to get to the off road trails.

Hey thanks to rocka, greg, weee for having patience with my slow a*s yesterday. Each time out I'm getting a little bit faster but still not up to your levels. (I could blame this on the dust but we all know I would be lying!!!) But on a 3 mile long STRAIGHT paved road I rock! :devil::awww::lol: Anyway good times and looking forward to the next ride! :thumbsup:

I had a blast too. Sorry I wussed out on the "hard way" down the hill...

Its not about going fast, its about riding safe and within your limits. Your limits will get faster with seat time. Im in the intermediate classification at best. Ive been out with some guys that make me feel like a kid on a tri-cycle.

Hopefully we'll see some photos, rocka was snapping some shots, luckily none of me going down.

Your bike is wicked fast on the pavement. After that run down the highway, I have a street bike bug in me. Im thinking I need a new RMZ450 and trade my kicker in for a '05 DRZs Dualsport. Maybe Santa will hit the lotto this year!

I didnt realize you changed your screen name...until now. I cant wait to get out again. :thumbsup:

Your bike is wicked fast on the pavement.

What are you trying to say here? :devil::awww::thumbsup:

j/k

I really want to get a big group ride to either Big Bear or Kennedy Meadows or somewhere with lots of trees, lakes, rivers etc..etc.. Need a change of pace from all the dusty desert trails. I figure we have another month or two before the desert season starts so a high elevation forest ride would be perfect around this time of year. Might catch the changing of the colors. Anyone else up for a trip like this in the next 2-3 weeks?

I'll get some pics up here within the next couple of hours. I only got the 3 of you going down that one hill and that was it. Too much fun to take any more pictures. It was fun riding home in the dirt with a flickering low beam too :devil:

I really want to get a big group ride to either Big Bear or Kennedy Meadows or somewhere with lots of trees, lakes, rivers etc..etc.. Need a change of pace from all the dusty desert trails. I figure we have another month or two before the desert season starts so a high elevation forest ride would be perfect around this time of year. Might catch the changing of the colors. Anyone else up for a trip like this in the next 2-3 weeks?

Lets do it. Sound like fun.

Oh yeah, I just was riding out there and came back the ravine towards Arco like you did Josh. Made it up almost all the way on the first try till I got sideways and rode straight up that little wall before the rut. Bike went flying up and landed on the flat ground, and I rolled down the soft stuff, but didn't have to start from a stop in the ravine. I consider that making it even though I crashed :thumbsup:

That was a lot of fun again. I wonder what kind of bike that was down the hill?

I would be up for a trip to Kennedy Meadows. Are you thinking about spending one night or what?

Its kind of Southeast of Sequouia National Park. You take the 15 to the 395 just before Victorville. Then it is probably about 150 or 200 miles to a turnoff that says Kennedy Meadows. Then another hour or so straight up the mountain.