Sign in to follow this  

Honest review of TT order process.....

Hey guys..

I know there are some people who are 'on the fence' about ordering from the TT store. Well, I placed a large order (well.. large for me...$$) on the 16th and wanted to give my opinion of how it went.

Alrighty... Called up TT on the 16th to get a price on a GPR, bars, and cycra handguards. I was transfered over to Brian Wilson who gathered the info about what I wanted. Ive heard people complain about being put on hold 'forever'. I WAS put on hold, and it was for about 4 min... Brain was calling GPR to see if what I wanted was in stock (most places would just take the order anyways..) which GPR said it was (more on this later :lol:). Great, I went ahead and placed the order.

Come wed the 18th... My handguards were delivered by the man in brown. I got my bars on Friday the 20th.. the only reason it was later than the cycra's was because they were sent back by UPS because my address was wrong on the label.. :snore:

Overall I saved REAL close to $90 on my order over Rocky Mountain.. and didnt have to pay shipping. :thumbsup: It was a very smooth order, and I got great customer service.....

... Too bad GPR sort of 'bent the truth' about the stuff being in stock.. Order was placed 2 weeks ago and has not been shipped from GPR yet. They were responding VERY fast to my e-mails about a question I had with the setup... They are now ignoring my e-mails about WHEN the stuff is going to ship.. And Im not the only one in this situation come to find out. So now my bike sits waiting for these parts... :D:lol::D :D

Anyways.. Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Brian Wilson and the TT store.. :devil::awww:

Brett

Received my order earlier this week, took less than a week to get here. Very happy with the whole process. Thanks Brian :thumbsup:

Ditto that for me. I have made two orders with them, and another this morning. Very happy with the communications and shipping time.

Kinda wish their prices were just lower to start with and that I wouldn't have to go through the 'price compairison' deal, but it's well worth it.

The service is top notch as I've placed several orders. They are always helpful and respond to any questions in a timely manner. I usually get my order within a week barring any delays in Customs.

They would however, benefit greatly from a better storefront, one that listed most/all of available parts even if you had to call for a price.

I've ordered from TT a couple times and everyone was great. Orders were here on time and never a glitch(other than a fender SNAFU, which I blame more on a miscommunication than the TT store)and now that I know the TT store has WAAAAAAY more availible than the online catalog shows, this is the only place to buy. :thumbsup: Of course I still shop the competition.....then Call TT for a little price matching. :awww:

Hey, a guys gotta save some $$ somewhere so I can order more stuff. :devil:

Another happy customer here too. :thumbsup:

Just bought from the TT store also. Was so easy and got a great deal. Saved me time and money.

Kinda wish their prices were just lower to start with and that I wouldn't have to go through the 'price comparison' deal, but it's well worth it.

I won't mention any store names, but the following situation is an everyday thing in the TT store.

Most stores whether it be motorcycle parts, or your local walmart advertise certain products as "loss leaders". A loss leader is a product that the store sells at or below cost to get you in the door in hope that while you're there you will buy other items. This is where they make their money, by charging you too much for the other items.

At the TT store we took a different approach. Instead of offering you Rental Bars for $59 then charging you too much on the rest of your items, we simply priced everything low the first time.

Just yesterday a customer called me for a price match on a chain & sprocket kit. The competing store had a package deal when if you bought a DID X ring chain with front & rear iron man sprockets for $190. You only got that price if you ordered the package deal. If you buy the items from them individually, they were $220. In the TT store, we did not have the same package, we only sell the items individually, but our combined price for buying all the parts individually was only about $195. That's $25 less than buying the parts from the competitor. And only $5 more than their "special" package price.

Of course we were happy to honor our low price guarantee. But there's more.

The same customer was buying several other parts and they gave me the prices of the other site assuming that we would price match those items as well and he would save even more money.

Well, it turns out that on all the other items, the other store was about $30 more money than the TT store. So if the customer would have bought from them to save the $5 on the sprocket & chain kit, they actually would have ended up spending a total of $25 more on their entire order than they would have at TT.

Now if only I could convince you guys that if you call for a price match on one part you found cheaper, and other parts you are ordering are more money at the competitor I get to charge the higher competitor price on the other items. After all, you want me to match their price on the cheaper part so isn't it fair I get to match it on the more expensive parts too??? Just kidding' :devil::thumbsup:

then you get poeple like me, Brian, that call in an order for price matching with competetor pricing from all over the web. :thumbsup:

then you get poeple like me, Brian, that call in an order for price matching with competetor pricing from all over the web. :awww:

That's ok, because most of the parts I've been shipping to you are actually stuff I've recyled off old bikes of mine.

:thumbsup::devil::lol:

then you get poeple like me, Brian, that call in an order for price matching with competetor pricing from all over the web. :lol:

That's ok, because most of the parts I've been shipping to you are actually stuff I've recyled off old bikes of mine.

:D :D :D

That does explain a few things. :thumbsup:

:devil::awww::lol:

Id say GPR gets an F-.... Im STILL waiting for my order to SHIP... This is BS. There is another person in the board who ordered on the 3rd.. and still hasnt gotten his... What BS!! :devil::thumbsup:

Just wanted to bump this thread...

I ordered a few pilot jets and a front sprocket the same day i saw this thread so I didn't want to reply yet until the order arrived.

I got it yesterday Priority mail. :thumbsup:

No complaints here. I phoned in and got the part numbers for what I wanted, then ordered them online.

Thanks guys. :devil:

Btw, FlyByWire, you ever get your stuff???

They saved me from buying 4 packs of clutch springs :thumbsup:. Which of course is my fault, but its nice to see they care.

Every time I've ordered (always online), the shipments have arrived at ludicrous speed.

Btw, FlyByWire, you ever get your stuff???

....nope. I asked TT to call GPR for me, which they did. Still another week untill my stuff MIGHT ship. :thumbsup::awww::devil: