Put a deposit on my WR450 today!

hehe, I was just changing my sig when I saw your reply. (I put them in the right order too lol)

No rocks at the KLR just yet... but I dunno how much I'll be riding it anymore. It'll still be nice for back country roads but I'm not sure I'll ever ride it on dirt again. ?

I'd like to have a KLR650, perhaps when the wife moves up to a real dirt bike I can get a 650 and we'll each have a pair. :devil:

Hey cowboy, I have had mine for 8 days, still zero miles, I've done the whole graphics kit/seat cover, skid plates, frame gaurds, trail tech, tail bag add ons. Here is a picture of it in pristine condition. Its a 2004 WR450F. WR450F%20008.jpg

This should get you motivated. This one replaces my WR426F which I still own, but its for sale.

Looks Awsome! If you dont mind my asking, where did you pick up those graphics? I can't find anything decent for the wr450.

I'm not ashamed to say I was down right scared of it for the first 20 minutes or so... that power comes on strong and fast and yanks the front wheel up like its filled with helium.

Just wait until you have done the throttle stop. :devil: I was cursing for not buying the YZ until I did the throttle stop mod. ?

I'm not ashamed to say I was down right scared of it for the first 20 minutes or so... that power comes on strong and fast and yanks the front wheel up like its filled with helium.

Just wait until you have done the throttle stop. :devil: I was cursing for not buying the YZ until I did the throttle stop mod. ?

? Aint that the truth... I swapped the throttle stop yesterday and was amazed. I'm actually glad I rode it for a few days before being able to use the entire throttle... I would have killed myself if I'd done the swap on the first ride :awww:

If you dont mind my asking, where did you pick up those graphics? I can't find anything decent for the wr450.

Its several pieces. The tank and seat are from One Industries, the model is the "Alpha" graphics. The kit number from Dennis Kirk is 452853 the swing arm graphic I chose was 525837 the lower front fork guard graphic was 525826, the upper fork wrap was 522831 front fender grpahics was 527222 On the tank graphics, I deliberatly avoided any white on the fuel tank itself, expereince with this is the past, it always yellows, which wouldnt be too bad if it all aged the same, but the white on the seat and radiator scoops remain nice and white, so it looks awful. There is white, but its on the radiator scoops. Now if anyone can point me to some air box graphics, prefferable the black or carbon fiber look, I'd appreciate that. I've been unable to find any for the 04 WR450F.

Hey Toyota....You'd better take LOTSA pics...it'll never look this good again!! :devil:

I have a ? for all of you WR450 owners...I'm only 5'7" and was wondering if you guys think I should opt for the '05 or will an 'o4 work for me? I think the '05 is a couple cm shorter (not sure how much of a big deal that is)...I've always ridden 2 smoke 250's so actually I'm kinda used to not touching the ground too much, I'm just a little concerned cause I know that these bikes are alot heavier. ?

Hey Toyota....You'd better take LOTSA pics...it'll never look this good again!! :awww:

Yeah, I have taken a few, but I can tell you, I do keep my machines real clean. But of course, they do age gracefully. me going down is real rare, but it can happen. And besides, I ride at a pace where I'm feeling 100% in control. My job requires me to be physically fit and to have good mobility :devil:

I have a ? for all of you WR450 owners...I'm only 5'7" and was wondering if you guys think I should opt for the '05 or will an 'o4 work for me? I think the '05 is a couple cm shorter (not sure how much of a big deal that is)...I've always ridden 2 smoke 250's so actually I'm kinda used to not touching the ground too much, I'm just a little concerned cause I know that these bikes are alot heavier. ?

At 5'7", the bike will be tall, but if you used to the 2 smokers, you should be OK, as for the weight, the power makes it feel light! I'm 6'0" and when seated on the bike, I have to use the tip of my toes, I'm not able to flat foot it, for sure.