Sign in to follow this  

WR-250F or ktm200exc

i was just wondering what would be better for me, ive been riding for a year now and only ridin 2-strokes, i want to go trail riding but still do motocross. i am only 15 and was thinkn which to get out of a WR 250 or EXC 200?

(i want get a new bike for about a year).

That KTM is a nice bike with a good motor. KTM's handle funny though, they push the front end.

If you hot-rodded the WR a bit you would have a fun bike. Lots of guys trail ride YZF250's around here.

Either bike would be a good choice.

I have said this before but people considering the ktm200 should also consider the kdx200/220. It may not be quite as fast but the price is right and it is a proven machine.

I have said this before but people considering the ktm200 should also consider the kdx200/220. It may not be quite as fast but the price is right and it is a proven machine.

I agee with you on the KDX being a great bike,but you would be surprised at what you can get a new "left over" '04 200 exc for.I know several people who have purchased them for around $4500.I've also seen new ones on e-bay starting at 3,995 with no reserve.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the bikes mention.

In my own personal opinion I would go for the crf250x. I have about 300 miles on mine and I love it. I cam off an xr 400 and decided it was to much weight. The 250x has proven it self better than the wr 250. Dirt rider did an article on the 250 e/xc wr 250, and crf250x. The 250x came out on top. Due to it's light weight and nimble feel.

Last month I went to the ktm honda dealership and I was faced with a difficult decision. In front of me sat a 200 e/xc and a 250x. I think the olney thing that the 200 e/xc has on the 250x is that it is lighter, but i think that the 250x has better power. Good Luck!! :thumbsup: