Sign in to follow this  

Hebo hydraulic clutch?

My clutch and I aren't getting along....I recently swapped out my stock clutch cable(frayed) for a motion pro cable. It went on really tight but I thought it would work for a quick ride as I just installed a new decomp head on my 360. I fired it up, grabbed a fist full of clutch and popped it into first and started to give it some gas and "pop" the new cable snapped. Nearly bucked me off on my caboose! I think it's time for a look at the bowels of my clutch anyway as it doesn't seem to be disengaging as well as it did when I got it. Before I buck up the $50 for an OEM clutch cable I thought I'd see if anybody can enlighten me on the whole Hebo clutch idea. It seems as though I've heard some praises of them on here sporadically. Are they universal? Do they require fabricating a mount? Any input would be very appreciated. There's nothing I hate worse than wrenching my bike on a nice weekend...especially with a a new $300 cylinder head I just installed... :thumbsup:

I have a Hebo clutch on my '00 250. Husky USA used to sell them, Tim Gallagher who was the Husky parts manager and raced a 360 in ECEA events, came up with a kit to fit the Hebo unit. I bought mine used from a guy who sold his 360 and new owner didn't want it. Team Husky rider Fred Hoess is going to come out with clutch kit, but hasn't done so. E Rider sells the universal kit. What you need to do for the 360 is make a plate that mounts the unit to the left front cylinder base bolt and run the cable though a curved piece of tube(I would think is in the universal kit)that goes in cable holder on cases. I saw another guy who mounted his slave cylinder on frame under tank and had a long cable from it. I think I would want the shortest distance from slave cylinder to clutch arm. I'd send you a picture but my unit is off, needs new o rings. It did get many miles before this though and like I said it was used before I got it. This mod with your decomp head should make that 360 the ultimate bike.

Norman

Worth every dime! The hebo is so much better it's really not worth dicussing. No "easy pull lever" to buy nothing!

The pull and feel is the best. Thanks to GasGas! :thumbsup: