Big jumps

i dont have much exspirence with jumps and i dont know if it would be worth the big jumps at the supercross track i go to. there are no small jumps there and i cant go to any other places yet. should i have try.

(dont forget ive only ridin my new bike once).

and i dont know if it would be worth the big jumps at the supercross track i go to. there are no small jumps there and i cant go to any other places yet. should i have try.

(dont forget ive only ridin my new bike once).

Come On your kidding right ? I think you answered this question yourself. But let me refresh your memory

i dont have much exspirence with jumps

dont forget ive only ridin my new bike once

Ya I would definatly go out and hit the biggest Jump I could find. You got insurance???

well , ranger is wright ----it takes years and lots of time on the bike to be able to hit jumps ------and you need to start very slowly and on small jumps ,----be smart and work up to it slowly -------alot of times you can ask the track owner if he will put some very small jumps over on the side somewere so you can work at it.

yeah man it takes awhile to learn to jump. especially on a two stroke. I remember back in my 60 days(back then there were no 65s lol) my dad would build these jumps for me to practice on. they were only about 15ft or so, but I was like "holy crap dad how do you expct me to jump that" then after numerous crashes I finnaly got the concept to 1. keep it in the powerband 2. get out of 1st gear... after I mastered that I could jump anything. then you start making jumps bigger and bigger untill you reach your limit. now the smallest jump I have on my practice track at my house is a 60ft table top. and its right out of a corner...

so basically what Im trying to say is it wont come overnight, you have to learn from your mistakes. a few broken bones later and you will be jumpin stuff like crazy. ?

Hit the bunny slopes!

Seriously, more tracks should offer novice training tracks as an alternative for beginners. Elsinore has all the tracks you could want. Too bad more track owners can't put that together. It would only mean more $$ in their pockets and fewer casualties.

Las Vegas shut down completely because there were too many deaths/injuries. Poor management. There was only one track in the entire county and they had EVFERYONE practicing at once! I saw so many young pros almost land on beginners... Duh!

Another thing you need to consider is the closing speed of the faster riders. If there are blind jumps and the flagman has his head up his ass, someone might land on you. There is no shame being a slower rider. It's just how much seat time you have on a bike. Most tracks do a fair job of separating the classes. Definitely ride with a group of your ability. Go with the flow and have fun. Fun it what it is all about anyways. ?

take your time. There is a good track in easton MD called the landing. it has several tracks with different skill levels attatched to each.

adv-peewee_beginner.jpg

You can see the peewee has very small jumps and the beginer has only table tops, no whoops.

intermediate-aerial.jpg

The intermediate steps up. some nice big soft jumps that if you case wont send you packing.

mx-aerial3.jpg

expert.jpg

you can see the advance is wide open, big doubles huge table top, whoops.

quad-aerial.jpg

they even put the quads on their own track

mx-aerial1.jpg

i havent had the chance to go yet but i remember when this was only talk. it looks like a great facility.

Damn i wish i had a track like that closer to me, but hey actually its only 2 and a half hrs away from me, I usually go to blue diamond (45 min away) and theres a 50 track and the real mx track, the beginner track is just boring and every time i go on the big mx track i stall in these huge a$$ ruts and I never know if I'm hitting a double or a table top so i just roll over them

Hit the bunny slopes!

Seriously, more tracks should offer novice training tracks as an alternative for beginners. Elsinore has all the tracks you could want. Too bad more track owners can't put that together. It would only mean more $$ in their pockets and fewer casualties.

Las Vegas shut down completely because there were too many deaths/injuries. Poor management. There was only one track in the entire county and they had EVFERYONE practicing at once! I saw so many young pros almost land on beginners... Duh!

My brother got landed on there. Shattered his wrist and knocked him the f@#$ out. ?

Been there broke that!

We have a (New Vienna Motorsports) motocross park similar to that, has a PW track, beginner track, Intermediate track, technical tight, SX track, and the new outdoor national track. I love this place. It's all new and still being worked on. (like the outdoor track needs something to finish the irrigation system on it).

Awsome place!

I would have to ask, how big is this double? And what bike do you ride? going like hell and blipping the throttle on this jump in a fairly hight RPM range should be able to get you over it. That gets me over most doubles but again depends on the size of the jump, and the bike your riding ? pulling the trigger is a really good technique to use. I use this quite often. Seat bouncing I have no idea on, I haven't had to use it (nor have i learned how as of yet heh) :devil:

It takes practice....

I'd start by practicing on table tops....they're more forgiving....

Once your getting more speed and are coming close to clearling table tops, start doing the doubles.....

If you can clear most table tops and doubles.....you're ready for just about anything, within reason....

Beginners should ride, ride, ride long before they try to get one wheel, let alone 2, off the ground. You need to be very comfortable and confident in your bike skills before jumping - starting, stopping, shifting, turning, climbing hills, descending, over bumps, etc.

Once you're confident on the ground, then you might try hitting some bumps to get your front wheel up. Just get the front up a few times before trying to get the whole bike off the ground.

Jumping is easy yet complex. To get started, be sure to pick a jump whose take-off ramp is longer than your wheelbase. This is critical. If the front wheel gets up in the air before the back wheel hits the face of the jump, you are likely to execute an "endo". Which is short for "end-over-end". Which can be a trip to Plaster City. This is probably the biggest error I see in newbies. They look for a short jump because it is less intimidating. But that's not what makes a jump easy or hard. The steepness and the landing determine that. If you hit a short jump very hard, the front wheel leaves the ground and then the back wheel hits the face of the jump. This causes the back end to absorb the hit and then spring back. Which will send you over the bars. Not good.

Long, gently sloped jump take-off ramp. Steady throttle. Twist the gas a little harder as you take off. Stay centered over the bike. It is great fun if done correctly.