Sign in to follow this  

How is Jackfrost??

Hello....I live about 45. minutes away from Jackfrost. I am on the i guess low intermediate type rider. I was just wodnering before i go and spend the money up there for a day, if anyone knows what the trails are like. And if they have alot of trails and if they would be good for intermediate sorta riders.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

jack frost/trax has rocky trails of varying lengths (3,3.5,7,11 miles). and if it has rained you will encounter some black mud areas. i would say that the trails are not suited for a novice but not so technical that an intermediate would have major problems. do the "black" loop a couple of times first, it's just 3 miles and will give you a feel for how things are going to go. crank down your clickers a bit before heading out so that you don't get pogo'd to death on the rocks. there are some nice uphills at the end of the longer yellow and green loops. but in general, the trails are rocky and will keep you alert. definitely wear your knee/shin protectors -- if you don't have a pair then get a pair before riding at trax. this way if you down on the rocks you won't break your kneecap in half.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

If your going today (9/4)I will be there at about 2:30 White Ext. cab dually, CRF250x, Red helmet with Flames.

I am an intermediate rider and hit alot of the trails at Traxx. I like rocky conditions though so it was good to me.

ill be there too, not sure what time tho. probably 4ish. later. Look for a red s-10 2 door blazer with a yz250f and a black helmet.

i think so. To be honest, i wouldnt bother going there for trail riding. For mx, im satisfied but im only an intermediate rider at best. The trails are really rocky and annoying. I know a lot of people that hate em, but hey...to each his own. If you want some crazy trail riding i know of a great spot in east stroudsburg PA.

How do the trails at Jack Frost compare to Paragon? If it is not rockier than Paragon, I will like it. Thanks!

hey guys. sorry i havent replied earlier. im pretty busy lately with full time work and full time school.

Ill be at jack frost most likely this sunday. Anyone gonna be there?

did i reply to everyone's pm's? a lot of you guys pm'd me i just wanna make sure i didnt leave anyone hanging. As far as poconopete goes, just ask him. I really dont wanna give you guys directions straight out because there not my trails to show really yet? ya know? hes been riding there for over 3 years i think, so he has seniority. SO just tell him i told u there was a good place but i wasnt sure if he wanted others to know about it. The decision is up to him. If you do go tho...i doubt youll regret it.

Mike I will be up there on Sunday. Just look for the white dually and an 02' Blue Chevy with an orange/red trailer with a big quad sticker on it.

Hey guys...I MIGHT be able to make it up on Sunday. I am going tomorrow morning to get a new Rear tire. I will PM one of you guys if I am definetaly going on Sunday. Sound good?

Sounds great! Im really looking forward to riding on sunday (tho my knee pads didnt come in yet :cry: ) It should be a really nice day too. Try to make it out. If you do go, look for me. My truck will either be a champagne colored 4 dr explorer or a red 2 door s-10 blazer. I havea 250f, red gear and a black helmet with chrome mouthpiece. hope to see you out there.

soo...... how are the mx tracks? :cry:

The Novice MX is fun, the Pro MX is for more advanced riders that are able to hit a few big doubles, I roll the doubles and hit th etable tops. The Supercross track is all jumps and the ATV track is hairy with all the rocks in the track.

I prefer trail riding so I am not a good source of "How good" they are I can only tell your from my intermediate point of view. :cry: