Sign in to follow this  

Got the DR350 running

Hiya fellers,

Well I finally got my Dr 350 running! I ain't sure what I did amongst all the fiddling, but I'm gonna leave it alone cause it works! Jesse K. provided much guidence (Thank you Jesse),but I can't say for sure what the culprit was. We think it was the pilot jet/screw. Anyways, after she got warmed up, I took her for a spin around the neighborhood, and everything was great. It seems to have enough power at this point for me. I like the stable, easy handling of this bike. However, I found 2 little problems: One is what appears to be a flat spot near the very low end of the throttle range. I progessively twist the throttle, and no response, then suddenly (not violently) some response. The other thing is the revs stay up around 4000, after an open throttle, even though throttle is closed. this lasts about 10 - 15 seconds, then revs drop to 2000 for another 7 seconds, then drop to around 1500 rpm, where I have the idle set. Could I have the Pilot screw set a little rich? What do you think? Thanks to everyone's previous help!

Sounds more like a lean condition to me. Is the jetting stock? Try richening the fuel screw and the idle should drop down immediatly after you let off the throttle.

i have the same thing happening to my dr350sn and i am getting the bike re-jetted..... will tel you how it works out!!

Good job on getting it running. :thumbsup: I had troubles with my bike too. After cleaning the carb and having idling issues, I took it apart once more and also discovered the pilot jet blocked off. Now if I didn't break the bead apart trying to force my new 606 on, I'd be riding today. :devil: