Sign in to follow this  

yz 125 vs ktm 200

will a yz 125 keep up with a ktm 200? i always thought as the 200 as not as powerful cause it doesnt compete in the 125, 250 class. will it keep up on tight,singletrack? a motocross track? top speed and accel.?

oh yeah 100 posts for me :thumbsup::devil:

will a yz 125 keep up with a ktm 200?

Nope. If you want a go fast woods bike the KTM 200 is one of the best. You won't see many on the motocross track because you would run in the 250 class and give up some HP to the others. IMO a 125 motocross bike is probably the worst woods bike you could buy. Very peaky powerband with poor gas mileage.

• Like 1

The ktm 200 and 300 IMHO are the best for the woods. All of us that ride them and have riden jap bikes say it because its true. :thumbsup:

If you ride nothing but tight woods, a 125 is a great way to go. I would love to have an 05 Yamaha YZ125 with a larger gas tank and flywheel weight. Two things that you wouldn't have on the Yamaha are the lights and wide-ratio gearbox. My KTM is already a light bike at 227#, but the Yamaha is even lighter at 196#.

05_YZ125_blu_5_3528.jpg

Like Loynz said 125's are good tight woods bikes but most people can't ride a 125 in the woods. You need to keep them moving, you can't get lazy and let them drop off the power or your in for a lot of clutch work.

A 200 is a better all around woods bike but, with a 125 you can go from woods to a track and have a class, a 200 doesn't have a class on the track.

The KTM 200 is a nice bike. KTMs steer funny though, they all seem to push the front tire.

TTR, yes I live in CT, right outside of Waterbury. I'm going to be selling the 167 if anybody is interested in trying it. I only have about a million dollars invested in it! Anyone that rides it thinks it's awesome. I tried the KTM 200SX but it was a little too goofy for me.