Sign in to follow this  

Connecticut ride

In Bristol, Ct. there are a few nice pits, motocross style pits, they have nice jumps, berms, whoops. Then across the street is a very nice mountain trail ride. If anyone would be interested in going on a weekend let me know. I ride every weekend, in fact im going today(saturday):thumbsup:

I prob. can't get out there on a weekend. How about some general directions? PLEASE! I need a new spot to practise my sand skills...

Dave

dave, i was up at thomaston the other day. if youre lookin for sand skills, and a hill climb..theres a trail for you ar thomaston. if youre going out, away from the top...a ways away on the right, there will be a sort of paved street (its very wide and either paved or a paved looking gravel lookalike) and if you go down there a little, on the right theres a pretty big hill. it is all sand, steep and rocky. only bad part is when you get to the top, you better swing the back end out because theres a fair drop on the other side. also, when you come out of that trail, theres a section where some riders stop for a break and accross the street, on the left side, theres a section that goes a bit onto the woods, and if youre looking at it, on the right theres a trail. we saw a guy on a kx 250 do it, and the hill seemed to never end. its def. a difficult trail and not easy to do

hmm directions...i suck at giving directions... If you know where the gate to lake comounce is, the one to get in, about 100-200ft before that on the right side is a dirt trail, follow that and you will be right in the pit. The trail goes behind some factories and buildings and through a parking lot. Just follow it.

far from the bronx.

I'm pretty familar with the thomaston dam. I'll look for that trail.

I know just where you mean.

Thanks.

If you guys are looking for a new ride in connecticut, let me know. I live in portland and we have tons of places to go. miles and miles of trails in the forest and also the portland fairgrounds have alot of fast smooth stuff. just looking for more people to ride with. Andy :thumbsup: