Sign in to follow this  

i cant install these acerbis handguards???

well, after some adjustments and some washers, i was able to get the left hand a good fit (clutch side). Now the problem is how im supposed to mount it on the throttle side?

I really need help. ami supposed to cut some of the throttle, because the only way i can get it to work now causes the throttle to get stuck? what do i do?

:awww::thumbsup::devil:

If you have the kind that slide inside the handle bar, then yes you must make some modifications to make the throttle side work. You have to cut the end of the throttle tube, I use a hacksaw. Then you must cut off the end of the grip with a razor blade once its on the tube. Then I position the throttle tube 1-2mm inside the bar end. Don't over torque the bar insert or the handle bar will expand and make the throttle hard to turn.

Don't over torque the bar insert or the handle bar will expand and make the throttle hard to turn.

That advice right there is worth the price of admission. If I hadn't learned anything else on this list, I would have been very satisfied just to have learned that. I'm getting ready to reward myself with a set of Cycra Pro Bend for my upcoming bday, and I'm SURE I would have torqued them down on the ends, egging the handlebar. Would have led to a classic round of cursing and throwing wrenches. Thanks nopremix!

I used a grinding wheel to just skim the end off the stock (plastic) throttle tube so that the bar inserts for my acerbis rally pros could fit through. Good point about not over tightening the insert - my throttle is harder to turn since I installed the guards - now I know why!

Mike :thumbsup: