Sign in to follow this  

How can I improve starting 04 CRF150?

Have you done the jetting. Doing the jetting makes the bike easier to start.

When is the engine hard to start ?? When cold and using the choke, when warm and no choke, at all times ??

kick it once or twice with the key in the off position.... Then put it in the on position... lay the kickstand down and put all your wieght into the kick.... should start second time if not the first...if not choke it .... one kick .. then press choke back down... If it doesnt start then the next kick should start it.... It was a pain starting it but now its a breeze... It also needs to be broken in a bit as well....

My sons CRF150 is a pain to start. Any suggestions to make easier?

Is the bike new? or have you just started using it??

Mine was tough to get started for the first few weeks. I went out to the garage and practiced kicking it every night to develop the technique. The stock settings are a little lean and need full choke and a little throttle.

We then checked the valves/sparkplug and from there on in it just got better and better.

I recently rejetted and the only difference is that I don't need full choke anymore and definitely no throttle.

I can start my bike by grabbing the kickstart and pumping it. That's how easy it starts now, i swear.

Next- it's abit of a bugger when you dump it but seems to only be really bad when dumped on the right side, just gotta be more patient then- maybe it that has something to do with the float in the carb staying open when on the right side? If I dump it on the left side I can usually get it going pretty quick again.

My sons CRF150 is a pain to start. Any suggestions to make easier?

Is the bike new? or have you just started using it??

Mine was tough to get started for the first few weeks. I went out to the garage and practiced kicking it every night to develop the technique. The stock settings are a little lean and need full choke and a little throttle.

We then checked the valves/sparkplug and from there on in it just got better and better.

I recently rejetted and the only difference is that I don't need full choke anymore and definitely no throttle.

I can start my bike by grabbing the kickstart and pumping it. That's how easy it starts now, i swear.

Next- it's abit of a bugger when you dump it but seems to only be really bad when dumped on the right side, just gotta be more patient then- maybe it that has something to do with the float in the carb staying open when on the right side? If I dump it on the left side I can usually get it going pretty quick again.

NO jetting is actually NEEDED but it does help in a way.... AND DEFINATLEY DO NOT USE THROTTLE TO START! Its not a two stroke.... It just takes a while to break it in :thumbsup:

i can start mine two ways turn off the choke and just kick it but don't give it any gas then it picks up rithim and warms up or i can put it on full choke start it but have to give it a little bit of gas then just put it in no choke and it idles fine