Sign in to follow this  

read this!

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1094321844cky_wr250_guy">

How do you get your bike up in a wheelie?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />I lean back and gun it until im in a wheelie

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />I clutch it up

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Neither. A little throttle will bring me up no problem. Even if I sit on the tank. I could probably put my legs over the bars and do it... but that's scary stuff.

Neither. A little throttle will bring me up no problem. Even if I sit on the tank. I could probably put my legs over the bars and do it... but that's scary stuff.

Same here. Depending on the bike I will use a differant method. On the 530 SX just grab a handfull and dail in how high/far you want to go. On my CBR street bike it's clutch, on my BMW touring bike, I have to bounce it up, get into the power band, slam the throttle shut and open again at the correct timeing. The bounce works good for underpowered/heavy bikes, I also use it on my KZ1000's. Bad pic, but here is about 800 pounds of bike up on one via throttle bounce.

5452951-M.jpg

James.

Nice quote on NASCAR at the bottom of your posts jackass, Id like to see you do half of the stuff that Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, (I could go on) get done out there on the track. When you mix it up with another car, mere inches from it, while goin 200mph then you can talk down on it. Until then, shut your damn mouth. :devil::thumbsup:

Nice quote on NASCAR at the bottom of your posts jackass, Id like to see you do half of the stuff that Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, (I could go on) get done out there on the track. When you mix it up with another car, mere inches from it, while goin 200mph then you can talk down on it. Until then, shut your damn mouth. :D:lol:

:devil::awww::lol::thumbsup:

Nice quote on NASCAR at the bottom of your posts jackass, Id like to see you do half of the stuff that Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, (I could go on) get done out there on the track. When you mix it up with another car, mere inches from it, while goin 200mph then you can talk down on it. Until then, shut your damn mouth. :lol::D

:devil::awww::lol::thumbsup:

I went to the race (well.. qualifying) yesterday.. My first time at a NASCAR event. Got to see the big boys practice, then watched the Busch, and Cup qualify... got about 20 from the track at the start/finish.. WOW... just awesome stuff.. It's one thing to watch it on TV, another to see them in person. :D

Nice quote on NASCAR at the bottom of your posts jackass, Id like to see you do half of the stuff that Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, (I could go on) get done out there on the track. When you mix it up with another car, mere inches from it, while goin 200mph then you can talk down on it. Until then, shut your damn mouth. :devil::awww:

Touchy aren't we? :lol: How I see it, he's entitled to his opinion however, you are not entitled to personally attack him over it. His quote is not directed at you is it? Geez, lighten up a bit there. :thumbsup:

You don't have to have skill to race a damn car, you just need a good car! The magic happens in the shop not in the gym! Do you really think that Jeff gordon has to run until he throws up to make it to the top of the winston cup? Hell no he doesn't he just has to have a little timing with a good car! YOU shut up [@#$%&*!] and go drink a beer in the stands while we do our pushups getting ready to do some real racing at the MX track! :thumbsup:

Nice quote on NASCAR at the bottom of your posts jackass, Id like to see you do half of the stuff that Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, (I could go on) get done out there on the track. When you mix it up with another car, mere inches from it, while goin 200mph then you can talk down on it. Until then, shut your damn mouth. :awww::thumbsup:

:devil::D:lol:

Thanks for proving my point about NASCRAP. And BTW, that's not a personal attack on anyone unlike your reply. FYI, untill last week my sig read "Choppers are to motorcycling what PRO Wrestling is to sports" then someone on another board suggested that I change it to this. Have a good day burning yourself up with all that anger pal, you failed to anger me. :lol:

James.

I'm lost, too, James. :thumbsup::devil:

BTW I LOVE your signature. I have a new neighbor with a Harley-chopper-thing. The only reason it is in one piece is that he is a soldier in the reserves. Can't diss the man for a lame bike choice. Can't do it. Godawful noisy and smelly, though. I hate'm :awww::lol:

Back to the original question... How to wheelie: Regardless of how I'm sitting on the bike, I open the throttle more than 1/2 way in any gear. :devil:

Sometimes you just can't beat sheer horsepower. :thumbsup:

now then a real car race is F1 to watch a prancing horse do 200mph around a twisty circuit is poetry in motion and if that is not enough to wet your whistle take a look at the rest of the teams. You have glorious pedigrees like Mercedes,BMW,Jaguar to name but a few all screaming those F1 cars around, now they are real drivers driving real cars, going around in a circle has never really appealed to me i just don't get it :thumbsup:

I pull the handlebars and crack the throttle. But I have to move back on the seat by a couple inches.

Nice quote on NASCAR at the bottom of your posts jackass, Id like to see you do half of the stuff that Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, (I could go on) get done out there on the track. When you mix it up with another car, mere inches from it, while goin 200mph then you can talk down on it. Until then, shut your damn mouth. :lol::D

:D :D :snore:

Thanks for proving my point about NASCRAP. And BTW, that's not a personal attack on anyone unlike your reply. FYI, untill last week my sig read "Choppers are to motorcycling what PRO Wrestling is to sports" then someone on another board suggested that I change it to this. Have a good day burning yourself up with all that anger pal, you failed to anger me. :devil:

James.

A little rough on newbies here aren't they? Hey, I'm paying dues myself. "Can't we just all get along?" lmao :awww::thumbsup::lol: